Thinking about swimming in college? Please make sure to check out this page, as well as USA Synchro for up to date information on your program of choice.
RECRUITMENT CHECK LIST!
- Maintain good grades! Getting good grades in high school will not only improve your chances of getting into the school of your choice, but it will also make you eligible for scholarships and grants that make paying for college much easier.
- Make sure to get in touch with the coaches at your program of choice AFTER September 1st of your junior year of high school. This enables collegiate coaches to send you recruitment and other general program/university information
- Register with the NCAA Clearinghouse after your junior year is complete. This can be done by visiting http://web1.ncaa.org/ECWR2/NCAA_EMS/NCAA.jsp This is essential for any "official" recruitment visits
- Make sure to visit the campus! Preferably while the college or university is in session.
- Try and observe a team practice, if possible
- Arrange an overnight stay on campus, if that option is available. This will allow you to get a first-hand look at college life
- Enjoy the experience, make connections and meet new people!
Here is a link to the most up to date collegiate programs and information.
DON'T FORGET! Your Seattle Synchro coaches are here to help you with this process and answer any questions you may have in regards to college and synchro programs.