Madison Aquatic Club Lessons
Your child's water safety is our priority!
Knowing how to swim is a vital skill that all children should learn. Swimming helps build confidence, enables children to enjoy a fun activity for both play and sport and learn water safety which can be lifesaving.
- Our lessons are held in a warm water pool
- Our program is led by certified USA Swimming coaches focused on teaching water safety skills first and then add the fundamental skills of swimming and follow with the mastery of all four strokes.
- Sibling Solution - We offer sibling discount and will do our best to accommodate sibling lessons in the same time slot.
- New swim lesson participants will be evaluated at their first lesson of the session and assigned to a group level based on swimming ability.
- All children of all abilities are welcome.
- Each level focuses on advancing goals and once those goals are achieved, the swimmer can move to the next level.
- Small student to instructor ratio for best results.
- We offer an on-going monthly enrollment
- Parent & Child Classes - 30 minutes in length in warm water pool, $60/month
- Youth Swim Lessons - 30 minutes in length in warm water pool, $70/month
- Technique and Fitness Classes - 60 minutes in length in a 25 yard lap pool, $65/month
- Adaptive Swim Lessons - For children with physical disabilities. Please contact Janis Katz at email@example.com for more information.
When: Sunday afternoons, once per week. Offered between 2-5pm. Select your time below.
Where: UW Health Performance at The American Center (TAC), 4602 Eastpark Blvd, Madison, 53718 - Use the Sports Performance entrance by the outdoor turf field and park in the parking ramp to the right and at the rear of the building.
Registration: Click on one of the programs below to begin online registration. Online registration is required for all classes and clinics. Classes are continual, on-going monthly. You are welcome to start at any time during the month. Your class fee will be pro-rated based on your start week. Your start week is the following Sunday after you submit your registration.
Gift Cards Available - Give the gift of swimming to someone you care about. Received a gift card? Contact the office by email or phone for the gift card redemption code when registering.
- NEW STUDENTS: Are welcome at any time throughout the month. Fees are pro-rated based on registration date. Lessons are started to the Sunday following your registration date.
- ONLINE REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED for all classes and clinics. There is no on-site registration. See registration below.
- ILLNESS: If your child has any symptoms of any illness, DO NOT bring them to the pool for class. Symptoms include, but are not limited to: fever, sore throat, cough, vomiting, diarrhea. If in doubt do not bring them to class.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: No refunds. In-house credit will be offered if deemed appropriate.
- WEATHER CLOSING: Check our website for updates.
Parent & Child Classes
At the beginning of this class, your child does not have to have any experience in the water. This is an introductory class where you will accompany your child in the water along with the teacher and work to get your child used to the water and working with a teacher. This class will have an outline of skills to practice and will be broken up by fun songs and activities to give the class a comfortable and fun structure.
At the conclusion of this class your child will be ready to work separate from their parents with an instructor. They will be comfortable in the water with full adult supervision, and will be ready to learn how to perform the same skills unassisted. Recommended for ages 3 and under.
SWIM DIAPERS: We require all children that are not potty trained to wear reusable swim diapers. We recommend putting them in a disposable swim diaper underneath the reusable for extra protection. Due to state regulations, accidents often require us to close the pool which is an inconvenience to both parents, swimmers, MAC and the facility.
CLASS LENGTH: 30 Minutes
Our program is led by certified USA Swimming coaches focused on teaching proper technique. New swim lesson participants will be evaluated at their first lesson of the session and assigned to a group level based on swimming ability. All levels of ability are welcome. Recommended for ages 3 and older.
Each level focuses on advancing goals and once those goals are achieved, the swimmer can move to the next level. Our program is divided into 4 group levels.
CLASS LENGTH: 30 Minutes
Technique & Fitness
These classes are for swimmers that have reached a competent level in swimming. The focus of this group will be technique and endurance. The goal is to prepare swimmers for a competitive level in swimming.
This is a great class for all swimmers whether they want to use the class to improve their
swimming strokes, prepare for competitive swimming, train for a triathlon, supplement another sport or simply stay fit.
Swimmers should be able to swim 25 yards freestyle and 25 yards backstroke. If you are unsure if your swimmer is ready for this group, you can bring him/her in for an evaluation with one of our instructors. Recommended for ages 6 and older.
CLASS LENGTH: 60 Minutes