We have lessons for all ages:
- Infant Aquatics for children 6 months-5 years. Please email Sharese Read at email@example.com for scheduling, enrollment, and general information.
- Group (4:1), Private (1:1), and Semi-Private (2:1) lessons for swimmers 5 years and up on Sundays at SME. See below for information and enrollment. If you have any questions, please contact Suzanne McCullough at firstname.lastname@example.org. If Sunday SME lessons are full, if you cannot do weekends, or if you want to swim more than once a week, please contact Bonita Holland at email@example.com to inquire about Super Kids (requirements: able to swim a 25 free and 25 back). More info on Super Kids can be found HERE. KCSA also has a Spring Clinic (requirements: able to swim a 25 free and 25 back) for kids who want to get ready for summer swim team. More info can be found HERE.
SME Lessons For Ages 5 And Up:
If the level that you want to sign up for is full, please check back to see if anything has opened up (I'm still working on moving kids around).
- Group Lessons (4:1) for swimmers 5 years and up at the SME pool on Sundays from 5:00-7:00pm (lessons are 30 minutes each so the exact time depends on the level).
- Private (1:1) and Semi-Private (2:1) lessons for swimmers 5 years and up at the SME pool on Sundays. We meet 5:00-7:00pm (lessons are 30 minutes each).
Location (Ages 5 and Up):
For lessons at Shawnee Mission East (SME) - park in the lot off of 75th Street. The pool is in the building by the end of the track.
SME is located at 75th and Mission in Prairie Village, KS.
Times (Ages 5 and Up):
We meet on Sundays from 5:00-7:00pm in September, October, November, January, February and April. Lessons are 30 minutes each so the exact time depends on the level (group lessons). Levels 1-3 tend to meet at 5:00 and 6:00, and levels 4-6 tend to meet at 5:30 and 6:30.
To Enroll In Group Lessons (Ages 5 And Up):
1. Go to the bottom of this page to where it says GROUP LESSONS - AGES 5 AND UP
2. Click on the level that you are interested in
3. Find the correct month and time
4. Click the green REGISTER button. It will say CLASS FULL if the spots have all been taken.
To Enroll In Private Lessons (Ages 5 and Up):
1. Click on PRIVATE & SEMI-PRIVATE LESSONS - AGES 5 AND UP, which is located at the bottom of this page
2. Find the correct month and click the CLASS COST/DAYS/TIMES button
3. Click the red REGISTER button. It will say CLASS FULL if the spots have all been taken.
Group levels (Ages 5 and Up):
Level 1 - This is for beginners 5 and up. They will work on swimming 5 yards free and back.
Level 2 - They will work on swimming 1/2 the pool (12.5 yards) free and back.
Level 3 - They will work on swimming a 25 free and back, and begin breast.
Level 4 - They will work on swimming a 50 free and back, 1/2 the pool breast and begin fly.
Level 5 - They will work on swimming a 100 free and back, 25 breast and 1/2 the pool fly.
Level 6 - They will work on swimming a 200 free, back and breast, and 50 fly.
Lesson prices (Ages 5 and Up):
Group lessons (4:1) - $75 per month (months with more/less than 4 Sundays will be pro-rated)
Privates (1:1) - $35 per 30 minute session
Semi-privates (2:1) - $50 per 30 minute session ($25 per swimmer) - you must have two swimmers lined up
Lesson dates (Ages 5 and Up):
Lessons are done by the month and you are NOT automatically enrolled for the following month so please sign up for all months that you are interested in.
We'll be back in September 2017!
May, June, July & August 2017 - no lessons
September 2017 - Sept 10, 17, 24 (no lessons Sept 3 due to Labor Day)
October 2017 - Oct 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 AND NOV 5th (make up for all lessons EXCEPT the 5:30 level 6 and 6:30 level 3)
November 2017 - Nov 12, 19 (no lessons Nov 5 due to our big Splashdown meet and no lessons Nov 26 due to Thanksgiving weekend)
December 2017 - no lessons
January 2018 - Jan 7, 21, 28 (no lessons MLK Jr. weekend)
February 2018 - Feb 4, 11, 18, 25
March 2018 - no lessons
April 2018 - April 8, 15, 22, 29 (no lessons on Easter)
May 2018 - no lessons
Contact Suzanne McCullough at firstname.lastname@example.org