Gator Swim Club Lessons
Welcome to the online registration system for SwimAmerica of Gainesville lessons at the University of Florida's O'Connell Center!
Our group lessons are offered for children ages three and older. Every level of swimming is offered from the non-swimmer level to the advanced stroke technique classes. Class size is kept small with one or two instructors per group, depending on the ability level.
Children are placed in groups according to the skill level they have achieved:
- Level 0: Non-swimmer
- Level 1: Water adaptation, introduce bubbles, gradual submersion of face, back float with assistance, streamline kicking with assistance
- Level 2: Independent submersion of the face, blowing bubbles, and skills in level 1
- Level 3: Streamline kicking for short distance independently with face in water, independent back float, rolling from front to back, introduce freestyle arm strokes, and skills in level 1 and 2
- Level 4: Streamline kicking on front and back for short distance independently, introduce side breathing, freestyle arm strokes, and skills in levels 1–3
- Level 5: Freestyle arm strokes with side breathing, backstroke arms, treading water, and skills in levels 1–4
- Level 6: Freestyle with side breathing, full backstroke, introduction of butterfly kick, and skills from level 1–5
- Level 7: Introduction of butterfly arm strokes and breaststroke kick and pull, and skills from levels 1–6
- Levels 8–10: Technique refinement in all four strokes, extended swimming, and correct turns
Please note that the program director and site supervisors may adjust class placement after registration, to ensure that your child is in the appropriate group.
We are pleased to offer electronic payment processing and registration. To register, choose the level at which your child will enter the lesson program. Then choose the session (e.g., January) and class time (e.g., 5:30 PM).