The Rams Aquatic Club offers training and practice groups for swimmers of all ages and ability levels. It is the goal of the Rams Aquatic Club to offer age specific training for all of our athletes geared towards challenging each individual and developing each individual to the best of their abilities.
We offer the following practice groups (Age as of November 30th for Fall/Winter season / May 30th for Summer season). Ages are a guideline only, swimmers may be asked to swim up or down based on their ability:
- White (8 & Under and new swimmers)
- Purple (9/10)
- Gold (11 & over)
Please Click Here to send us an email request for more information.
Tips for New Swimmers
- Your swimmer’s own goggles are essential with the long practice in the pool. You don’t need anything super fancy; a good pair of one piece goggles are a great start. We recommend Speedo Hydrospex (or something similar) for the younger kids and Speedo Vanquishers (or something similar) for older kids. They come in several sizes and can be found at a variety of online and local retailers, like Swim Outlet, Amazon, or Dunham's.
- Long hair must be tied back in a ponytail, braid, or bun. A swim cap is optional but recommended.
- Swim trunks are fine but you might want to invest in some jammers once you know your swimmer made the team. Jammers are long form-fitting shorts, similar to bicycle shorts. You don’t want them to be too loose, as loose swimwear creates extra drag in the pool (great for training, not so great at meets).
- Girls must wear a one piece suit. A crossed back tends to stay on the shoulders better than a regular tank style but is not required. You do not want the suit to be too loose and baggy or it will create extra drag in the pool (great for training, not so great for meets).
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.