About Missoula YMCA Swim Team (MYST) and our Team Philosophy
The Missoula YMCA Swim Team is designed for swimmers elementary to high school age with diverse experience and abilities. MYST's team philosophy is rooted in the YMCA's four Core Values: Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility. Practices, meets and other team events help to develop skills, sportsmanship and team spirit while emphasizing fun.
We take pride in developing physically, mentally and emotionally, strong athletes through the sport of swimming. MYST swimmers consistently place in the top 10 at both Montana State Short and Long Course meets and many have gone on to collegiate swimming. Receiving the Montana Swimming Spirit Award many times over the past decade shows the pride and support MYST swimmers exhibit for their team, each other, and themselves. While only one swimmer can come in first in any race, all swimmers can be winners when they give their personal best. We believe this philosophy lends itself to building strong kids with solid character.
YMCA Swim Team Goals
- Provide opportunities for all interested swimmers in Missoula to engage in a wholesome, lifetime, lifesaving sport that encourages physical activity.
- Provide the opportunity for all interested people to maximize their swimming ability and potential.
- Provide physical development and encourage proper conditioning among all interested people.
- Create an atmosphere in which the desire for self-improvement and goal achievement motivates the individual to develop his/her natural abilities and to help others to do likewise.
- Create memories and moments that our swimmers will never forget.
MYST Practice Schedule
How to Join
New Swimmer Information
Returning/Continuing Swimmer Information
Swim Crews (Age Groups)