This is a elite training group. Platinum team members are expected to attend regular practice sessions, which are conducted Monday through Friday for 1.5-2.0 hours per day in length.
1. Must be 13 years of age or over.
2. Must be able to complete the following designated test set or have completed the set in the Head Coach's presence in the past: 8 x 100 FR on the 1:20 or 8 x 100 FR/Back on the 1:25 or 8 x 100 Back on the 1:30 or 8 x 100 FR/Breast on the 1:35.
3. Requirements must be completed by the end of the month you start with, or return to, the club.
Training Focus: Stoke Technique, dry land conditioning, developing complex race skills, and coach's film analysis.
Athletes move into this group from the White Team.
This is a high-end training group. They are expected to attend regular practice sessions which are conducted Monday through Friday for 1.5-2.0 hours per day in length.
1. Must be 11 years of age or older.
2. Must demonstrate clean stroke mechanics.
Training Focus; Stroke technique, dry land condition, developing complex race skills and coach's film analysis.
Athletes move into this group from the Red Team.
The practices are conducted Monday through Friday for approximately 1.5 hours. The focus is on teaching proper technique and introduction to aerobic work.
Training Focus: Stroke and race skill development and analysis.
The red team is the entry-level practice group. It is open to swimmers at least six years of age and able to swim 50 yards (2 lengths of the pool) of both freestyle and backstroke with correct breathing. The practices for the red team are conducted Monday, Wednesday and Friday and are one hour in length.
The Red Team serves both as an introduction to competitive swimming and preparation for the next practice level. Emphasis is placed on learning the fundamentals of competitive swimming.
Training Focus: Stroke instruction, knowledge of rules and introduction to swim meets and fundamental racing skills.