NB Short Course Open Championships - Championnat du NB en Bassin Court
The Codiac Vikings Aquatic Club (CVAC) is proud to host the 2015 New Brunswick Short Course Open Championships from January 30th to February 1st, 2015 at the CEPS Complex on the Université de Moncton campus.
Over 250 competitive swimmers from the local area, as well as Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia and other parts of New Brunswick will come to Moncton to participate in one of the largest competitive swim events on the Atlantic swim calendar. It is a premier opportunity for athletes attempting to qualify for national level competitions and challenge provincial records.
This year we will have a variety of clothing available as well as on-site screening capability for items such as the 2015 NBSCOC logo and various swimming related quotes, slogans & words. The full list of items and their prices as well as the merchandise sales schedule for the weekend are available in the links below:
Our vendor is also planning on bringing in an embroidery machine that will allow people to put their names or initials ONLY, with a choice of 15 colours, on what ever garment they purchase.
Food & Volunteer Signup
***UPDATE as of January 30th*** Hello Everyone,
You should start receiving automatic email reminders 2 days in advance of the specific session, for any food items, food room times or program table times that you signed up for this weekend. You can also click on the link below to see what each family has committed to, for which sessions as well as when to deliver the food by.
Hello All CVAC Families,
Food & Drinks
During the meet weekend, it’s the responsibility of the host club to insure that all volunteers and coaches are fed and hydrated. Providing various food items such as sandwiches, vegetable trays, fruit trays, coffee, juice, water, etc, for the event is much appreciated by the officials. We are also in need of four adults for each session to work in the food room and help with the distribution of the food.
We are not allowed to prepare food on site so we ask that if you sign up to provide items such as sandwiches, cheese, pineapple, strawberries, oranges, etc that they are cut up at home before being dropped off at the CEPS. Just follow the signs leading you towards the Officials room on the lower level of the CEPS when dropping off your food items.
Please use the Job Signup button for the NBSCOC meet to select available items from the list, we have 6 sessions and many items to provide for each session and would appreciate if each family could sign up for at least 2 of the spots.
If you have any questions please contact Clair Poirier at email@example.com.
We have a table set up for the entire meet where we will sell items such as meet programs, raffle tickets, 50/50 tickets for each session, energy drinks, bottled water, etc. We require at least 2 people per session and you can use the Job Signup button for the NBSCOC meet to sign up for 1 or more sessions.
We need lots of help during the course of meet, especially with things such as delivering food to the officials & coaches, and we count on swimmers who have not qualified for the meet to help us out. It’s also a great way for the younger swimmers to see what goes on and experience the environment of a championship level meet. Please contact Clair Poirier at firstname.lastname@example.org if your swimmer wants to help out at one or more sessions as a runner.
On the Thursday night before the meet (29th) we need a few volunteers to help with the initial setup at the CEPS, nothing too difficult – bringing in some equipment & supplies, putting up posters, sound system set up, moving some tables into position, setting up the computer/electronics area, etc. Most helpers are out of there within an hour. We head over close to 7:00pm on Thursday and will send out a reminder/call for helpers a couple of nights before. Let Larry know if you are able to help us out that night – email@example.com
***UPDATE as of January 30th*** Hello Swim Officials,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for offering your time to officiate at the 2015 NBSCOC.
Attached you will find the current Roster of Officials for the meet. If you find any anomalies in the list, please do not hesitate to let me know. You will also see a few empty positions. We are still short for some session, so if you know someone who is willing to help please have them email me are call me at 874-0594.
Below is a list of items related to the meet that officials should be aware:
- All officials must wear a white shirt (prefer golf shirt but white T-Shirt for timers will do) . As for paints, we would prefer black paints or shorts (below the knee) and skirts (below the knee) for laddies who want to wear a skirt.
- Wear comfortable shoes, your feet will thank you after the session.
- Arrive at the pool at the time indicated for each session on the roster list. The time indicated on the roster list is the start time for warm-ups.
- Check your name off on the officials list when you arrive at the pool.
- Indicate Swim club associated
- During check in, please indicate an “E” next to your name if you require an evaluation for the position.
- Safety Marshalls will the sessions started or will be assigned at the pool.
- Officials Briefing will take place ½ hour before the start of each session.
- Session 4 briefing will take place 45 minutes before, to accommodate opening ceremonies.
- Session 4 - Opening ceremonies starts at 5:45 pm with an officials march on deck.
- Each final session will be MC’d.
- We will be clearing the pool during each heat during finals
- There will be an officials de-briefing after each session for the following positions. (Meet Manger, Referees, Starters, Inspector of Turns, Stoke Judges and Chief Time Keeper.)
- Bring a smile :)
If any issues arises during the weekend that you cannot attend the meet, please email me or call me at 874-0594.
Again THANK YOU and see you at the pool.
Well the 2015 New Brunswick Short Course Open Championships are fast approaching. We will need lots of help to maintain this high quality swim meet.
You can signup online at the following link. http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0948ada922aafc1-2015
Thank you for your help.
2015 Officials Coordinator
This years raffle prize is an Apple iPad Air 32GB With Wi-Fi - Silver & we have a case as well
- 9.7-inch Retina display
- Up to 10 hours of battery life
- 1.2MP FaceTime HD Camera with 720p HD video
- 5MP iSight camera with 1080p HD video recording
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- A7 chip with 64-bit architecture and M7 motion coprocessor
Tickets: $2 each or 3 for $5
Draw: Sunday, February 1, 2015
Location: CEPS Pool, Moncton NB
Winner need not be present
Lottery Permit # 23140361515
If you would like to sell some tickets please see Rod Stackhouse at the pool starting Thursday, December 11th - I will have them in packs of 12. I will need the stubs from the sold tickets, as well as any unsold tickets, returned to me by Thursday, January 29th.