SJAC is a year round competitive swim team which competes under the governing body of USA Swimming. SJAC's program was created to reach swimmers of all ages and levels. In addition to the Competitive Swim Team, SJAC's program includes a Junior Team, a Seasonal Competitive/Non-Competitive team, a USMS affiliated and coached Masters Program, a High School Prep Team, an adult and youth Water Polo program, and a Learn-to-Swim Program.
We believe that swimming should be enjoyed, not endured. Swimmers who take control of their swim careers get the most out of their sport. Emphasis is placed on developing total body and core strength with the goal of individual stroke development. The long-term focus is life-long development of total mind and body health.
As a team, we work under one united philosophy. The foundation of the program encompasses the following principles:
- To create an atmosphere that enhances social skills, good sportsmanship and an appreciation of others.
- To develop swimmers of all levels of ability, while stressing the importance of proper stroke mechanics.
- To develop skills to promote swimming as a lifelong sport.
- To offer children an opportunity to develop their physical conditioning by using fun and challenging strategies.
- To learn the value of competition while striking a balance to reach both the competitive and recreational swimmer.
- To provide competitive opportunities for success in all levels of swimming.
- Above all...To Go For GREATNESS!!!!!!