ALL swimmers and parents must swipe or sign in when entering any YMCA facility; therefore, a YMCA metro membership is required for ALL swimmers throughout participation with the swim team
YMCA requires parents of members under 11yo to remain in the building at ALL times
YMCA League = Chesapeake & Potomac League (C&P) www.cpsl.info
Competition season is September to March
Dual and Invitational meets
Meet results and league rankings are posted on league & YRAC Sharks website
USA Swimming = Maryland Swimming Inc. (MSI) www.mdswim.org
Competition season is September to August
Sept – March is short course (25 yds); April – July is long course (50 meters)
Individual times are posted on USA swimming and YRAC Sharks website
USA swimming sponsors swimmers who qualify for free/ reduced lunch; receive food stamps, or fall with poverty guidelines established by the Federal government. See Nikia Brown for more details BEFORE submitting your USA swimming registration.
- Primarily through email from Team Unify
- Posted on team website & lobby board
- Swimmer mailbox located in lobby or pool deck
- Equipment needs to be bought to practice EVERYDAY
- All swimmers will need
- Practice swim suits (not a fashion suit)
- Competition suit
- Swim bag
- Swim cap
- Goggles (bungee cord strap is easier for adjustment)
- Pull Buoy
- Water bottle
Equipment can be purchased in person or online
Swimoutlet.com/yrac Sports Authority
Amazon.com Dick’s sporting Goods
Metro Swim Shop
- Meets are held at the YRAC facility and other facilities in the league
- RSVP on the YRAC SHARKS website by the deadline
- Parents are responsible for transporting swimmers to and from swim meets
- Swimmers sit with the team in a gymnasium or on the pool deck. Swimmers do not sit with parents in spectator seating. If swim teams are seated off the pool deck, they will be ushered by their coaches or Clerk of Course to the starting blocks.
- Coaches will pick the events for your swimmer
- Swim meet results will be posted at the meet and uploaded to the YRAC SHARKS website.
- Meet fees will be collected prior to entering your child into a meet.
- Swimmer will not be permitted to sign up for meets if there is an outstanding balance on the account including team fees, meet fees, or any YMCA fees on the account
ALL swimmers are expected to be prepared to swim and behind their lane at the start of practice. Arriving late to practice is disruptive and not fair to the group. Consistent lateness or absences will be addressed.
- Communications with coaches should be scheduled, whenever possible or take place during a time that will not interfere with time before, during, and immediately after training.
- No parents are allowed on deck during training sessions.
- Swim training will proceed as scheduled if the YMCA is opened. Any changes to the training schedule will be announced in advance barring unpredictable changes in weather that require the YMCA to clear the pool. Check the YRAC SHARKS website for changes or cancellations.
- Missing a consecutive week of training could result in your swimmer being removed from the team roster for the remainder of the season.
Mobile Swimming Resources:
Deck Pass (register through USA swimming web site or App download)
Meet Mobile (application download)