Are You Interested in Learning to Swim at BSR?
BSR offers swim lessons for swimmers of all ages and ability levels. It is the goal of BSR to offer age specific training for all of our members which is geared towards developing and challenging each individual to the best of THEIR abilities. We have TWO levels of swim lessons - Jr Swim Team and Beginner Swimmers programs.
The Jr Swim Team Program (swimmers aged 5-8)
The Jr Swim Team program is a DAILY swim lesson program offering times in both the morning or afternoons (depending on the Session). This multiple day approach offers parents flexibility, and swimmers the opportunity, to get as many days in as they need to become confident swimmers. The goals of the Jr Swim Team include not just teaching our youngest swimmers proper technique, but we want to see them progress to our swim team and maybe even participate in one of our B meets. Ideally, a member of our Jr Swim Team this year would hopefully move up to the swim team next summer.
Jr Swim Team members follow the same schedule as the regular swim team with 6 weeks of lessons during the afternoon/evening in Session #1 and either the morning or the afternoon for Session #2, dependent on which schedule suits you best.
Beginner Swimmer Program (aged 4 and up)
If your child is really just beginning with swimming then we want to invite you to join our Beginner Swimmer program Our instructors evaluate swimmers to begin at the steps they feel comfortable with and then work with swimmers as they progress through each new skill. The following are example of elements of progression:
- Able to stand in the shallow end of the pool unassisted
- Able to get face wet and to bob up and down in the water
- Able to enter the water, return to the side, and climb back out
- Able to use a kick board to do the flutter kick
- Able to float on front and back unassisted/unsupported (3-4 feet deep)
- Able to demonstrate freestyle and backstroke (3-4 feet deep)
- Able to tread water for 1 minute in water over their head
- Able to demonstrate freestyle and backstroke and to try diving into 5 feet
- Able to demonstrate dives into 5 feet
- Able to perform all competitive style kicks
- Able to swim each of the competitive strokes
- Swimmers who are able to swim 25 meters in deep water have the opportunity to swim in meets with our competitive swim team
Jr Swim Team and Beginner Swimmer Programs
Private Lessons (one on one)
For an additional fee, BSR can also facilitate private lessons for swimmers who:
- Are over the age of 8 and are not ready or interested in joining the swim team
- Are adult swimmers
- Regardless of age, would prefer to have private lesions
In order to request private lessons outside of the scheduled Bubblers program, please contact us at 301-262-3349 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org