Welcome back to Dunsinane Swim and Tennis Club for the 2021 summer. Please review the following rules with your children and guests to ensure that we have a safe summer. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to talk to a manager on duty or contact the board at [email protected]
Members are expected to be familiar with club rules, and to advise their guests of club rules and etiquette as necessary.
- Membership cards and photo ID for 16+ must be presented to the front desk worker upon entry.
- If you are bringing a guest, the member must be present to admit them to the club. Each guest not listed on your membership, must pay the guest fee at the time of entry and be signed in by the member.
- Grandparent and babysitter passes may only use the pool with the member present.
- Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by someone over the age of 16. Any person 16 years or older may supervise younger children while they are at the pool and are responsible for them during this time.
- All members and their guests must enter through the front entrance. The back gates will remain locked at all times.
GENERAL CLUB RULES
- Parents/guardians are responsible for their children at all times.
- Glass containers (beverage containers, dishes, food containers) are NOT permitted in the club. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Any child not potty trained must wear a swim diaper in the pool/baby pool. Swim diapers are sold at the front desk.
- No running on the upper or lower decks (no running on concrete areas).
- No climbing fences.
- No pets allowed.
- No fires except in the grill area.
- No smoking or vaping inside the club. Members may smoke or vape in designated areas outside the facility.
- The club is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- Do not stand or walk on the lawn chairs, the chairs under the awning and tables.
- Dunsinane members and guests of legal drinking-age are permitted to carry in and consume alcoholic beverages at the club (no glass containers). Consumption of alcohol shall be conducted safely and with courtesy and respect for other members, guests and pool employees. If you choose to drink, do so responsibly. Members and guests are requested to arrange for designated drivers as needed to avoid drinking and driving. Underage drinking is prohibited by law and shall be strictly enforced.
- Discourteous, offensive or obnoxious behavior and obscene or abusive language is prohibited at Dunsinane. Pool lifeguards and managers are authorized to issue verbal warnings if behavior is deemed inappropriate. The on-duty manager is authorized to direct persons who repeatedly ignore verbal warnings to leave the club for the day. In extreme cases or repeated behavior a person may be temporarily suspended from the club and/or may result in cancellation of membership.
- Instructions by lifeguards must be followed or disciplinary action may result i.e. suspension of swimming privileges, removal from the club, and/or cancellation of membership.
- Valid pool closings are as follows: swim and dive team meets, weather, maintenance operations, and/or health conditions.
- No swimming in the main pool area without a lifeguard on duty.
- Rest periods are called every hour on the hour and are observed by those under the age of 18. The only children allowed in the water during the rest period are children 3 years and under accompanied by an adult.
- No talking to lifeguards while they are in the lifeguard chairs.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult while in the baby pool area.
- No children over 6 should be in the baby pool or on the playground equipment located in the baby pool area.
- Children over the age of 6 are not permitted in the shallow end of the main pool when 3 or more guards are sitting.
- No chicken fights, sitting on shoulders, hanging on people’s neck/head and general rough play.
- NO throwing children or adults.
- Pushing other people into the pool is NOT permitted.
- No hanging on to, jumping off, or diving off the swimming blocks.
- No running starts into the pool. Jumping off the sidewall is permitted, but NO diving. Diving is ONLY permitted in the diving well.
- NO flips off the side of the pool.
- No hanging on the ropes.
- Tennis balls or like balls, non-transparent inner tubes, and water guns are NOT permitted in the pool.
- Life jackets, water wings, goggles, noodles are permitted in the main pool area, but not in the diving well. Balls and rafts are NOT permitted in the pool when 3 or more lifeguards are sitting.
DIVING BOARD/DEEP END POOL RULES
- Wait completely on the deck until the person on the diving board hits the water.
- Only one bounce on the board.
- Swim directly to the ladder or straight under the rope after going off the board. The right board swims to the right ladder and the left board swims to the left ladder.
- Do not jump off the board until the previous diver has cleared the diving area.
- No inwards, reverses, or backwards jumps will be permitted. Even divers on the swim team may not do these jumps during regular pool hours.
- Children are NOT permitted to jump to an adult waiting in the diving well. If they are not able to swim by themselves, they may NOT go off the diving boards.
- Rafts, life jackets, and water wings are NOT permitted in the diving well. Children MUST be independent swimmers.
- The diving boards may be closed if and only if there are two lifeguards sitting.
- Goggles are permitted in the diving well ONLY when the boards are closed. You may not jump off the diving board with goggles.
- When the diving boards are closed, swimmers are only allowed to jump off the sidewalls where the ladders are located and may NOT jump off the sidewall where the diving boards are located.
- Sharks and minnows may be played, but children may not run and dive.
- Do not throw balls or any other item to an individual who is jumping off of the board.
- If thunder is heard or lightning is seen, all patrons must exit the pool and the lower deck, including grassy areas and tennis courts. The baby pool area must also be cleared.
- Everyone must remain on the upper deck under the awning for 30 minutes after the last thunder or lightning is heard/seen. Judgment as to when the last thunder or lightning occurred is entirely up to the staff/manager on duty for safety reasons.
- Please adhere to the staff guidance during this time.
PARTY RESERVATIONS - Party Reservations will be permitted after June 2, 2021. Policies are currently being reviewed.
- Do not park in the handicapped spaces (unless you have a placard) or anywhere that has hashed lines, even if you are just picking someone up.
- Do not park in the Dunsinane VIP parking areas unless you are the winner of the previous year VIP parking.
- Please park in designated spots unless the spots are filled. Overflow parking is permitted in the grass along the west side of the tennis courts and grass areas along the lane. Please park in an orderly fashion and do not block other vehicles in.
- Do not park in front of the barn.
TENNIS COURT RULES
- Tennis shoes are preferred, but sandals are permitted on the courts. Some form of shoes must be worn at all times when on the courts.
- Do not throw or kick rocks surrounding the courts.
- Do not sit, lean or climb on the nets.
- Please supervise young children on the courts.
Thank you for helping us make Dunsinane a SAFE and FUN summer retreat.