Minot Swim Club teaches correct swimming at all levels, beginning through advanced. Using an organized teaching method, children progress from getting comfortable in the water until they are proficient in all four strokes.
- Small class size (7 in lower levels, 8 in upper levels).
- All swimmers in one family can swim at the same time, regardless of level.
- Children progress according to skill, not age.
- Instructors are trained to teach swimming in an organized, fun fashion.
- Swim Lessons are a separate unit of the Minot Swim Club. There is no pressure to join the club's competitive program.
- Children are ready to give the Competitive Club a try after they complete level 3 of swim lessons.
Age Minimum and Price:
- Children must be 5 years old at the start of the session.
- One Session of 10 lessons is $70.00 plus $2 Student Insurance/Registration fee (Non-refundable).
- Lessons take place at the Minot State University Pool during the school year. The summer lessons take place at the Magic City Campus Pool.
- Session Info:
- Children attend lessons two days per week during the school year, either Mon/Wed or Tue/Thu. They attend five days per week during the summer, Mon thru Fri.
- All levels are offered during each time slot so all children in one family can take lessons at the same time.
- 2020 Summer Schedule - Registration Dates/Times will be determined as soon as we are able to access the Minot High School Pool and have lessons per the COVID-19 requirements. Please check back for updates!!!
- Dates (Daily, Mon thru Fri)
Session 1: June 1 - 12 (Registration opens online: tbd)
- Session 2: June 15 - 26 (Registration opens online: tbd)
- Session 3: July 6 - 17 (Registration opens online: tbd)
- 11:30am - 12:15pm
- 12:15pm - 1:00pm
- 1:00pm - 1:45pm
Click here to REGISTER ONLINE during the above registration dates and times.
What to bring: Please bring a towel and swimsuit. Swim cap and goggles are optional, however we highly recommend bringing goggles. Locker rooms are available. Females are not allowed in the boy's locker room and males are not allowed in the girl's locker room.
Refunds/Credits: No refunds or credits are given after the first class. If you need to withdraw your child from a class, send an email to email@example.com by the day prior to the first lesson.
Illness: If your child is sick, please do not bring them to lessons. If someone contaminates the pool by vomiting or feces, all lessons will be cancelled for 24 hours so the pool can be cleaned.
Cancellations: All cancellations due to weather will be posted on our web site: www.minotswimclub.com. Due to pool availability, cancelled lessons might not be made up.
Lessons at MSU Pool: Lessons are held at the MSU pool located in the Student Union Building. Parking is enforced on campus from 8:00am - 4:30pm. If your lessons are after 4:00pm, you may park in any lot on campus where there is space available and no permit is necessary. If your lessons are prior to 4:00, please stop by the Information Desk just inside the Student Union and request a "Visitor Pass". There is also Free Parking north of the Dome.
MSU Pool Rules: Swimmers are required to shower prior to entering the pool for lessons. No food or drinks are allowed in the pool or bleacher area. Water bottles are allowed.
Which Level should your child be in?
Level 2 - to register for this level, students must have passed the following skills learned in Level 1:
- Hold breath 5 Seconds
- Turn head to breathe without stopping or lifting head (5 times)
- Float on Stomach unassisted 5 seconds
- Float on back unassisted 5 seconds
- Kick on stomach, with board turning head to breathe with teacher's guidance
- Acceptable knowledge of elementary backstroke arms with teacher's guidance 10 yards
- Kick out to the teacher with face in water and in a relaxed position 5 yards unassisted
- Jump in the water to teacher
Level 3 - to register for this level, students must have passed the following skills learned in Level 2:
- Hold breath for 10 seconds
- Turn head to breathe without stopping (10 times)
- Kick on stomach with flutter board turning head to breathe 15 yards
- Kick on back 15 yards
- Freestyle 15 yards
- Elementary backstroke arms with flutter kick 15 yards
- Changing positions in the water (prone float, roll to back, and roll back to prone float)
Level 4 - to register for this level, students must have passed the following skills learned in Level 3:
- Dive In
- Jump in - level off - swim 10 yards
- Jump in - survival float 1 minute - swim 10 yards
- Jump in deep end - stomach float - roll over on back - swim freestyle back to edge
- 25 yards freestyle
- 25 yards backstroke
- 25 yards elementary backstroke
- Somersault in water
Level 5/6 - to register for this level, students must have passed the following skills learned in Level 4:
- 10 bobs in deep water
- Survival Float for 2 minutes
- 50 yards freestyle
- 50 yards backstroke
- 25 yards breast stroke with two hand touch
- Tread water 45 seconds
- Dive in, swim 25 yard freestyle
- Flip turn
- Dive in, swim under water 25 feet
For More Information email: firstname.lastname@example.org