2021 Spring Warm-up Evaluations
Evaluations for swimmers interested in joining GPAC for Spring Warm-up will take place at GCIT on Saturday, April 10th:
10 & Under Swimmers: 10:30 am (swimmers cannot enter the building until 10:15 am)
11 & Over Swimmers: 11:30 am (swimmers cannot enter the building until 11:15 am)
SWIMMERS MUST BE PRE-REGISTERED TO ATTEND THIS EVALUATION BY COMPLETING THIS FORM: https://forms.gle/LDpEtiX1xHePtkcx6
THE DEADLINE TO PRE-REGISTER IS THURSDAY, APRIL 8TH. Swimmers who are not pre-registered cannot attend the evaluation. Due to very limited space, this is the only evaluation we anticipate offering.
Spring warm-up will start the week of April 12th and run through the week of May 24th. Swimmers will be added into our current practice groups where available spots are limited. Once the evaluation is completed, parents will be informed of the placement decision and have the ability to register online for the spring. Full, non-refundable payment will be due at the time of registration.
NOT SWIM LESSONS
Due to COVID-19 protocols in place at the GCIT Aquatics Center, we are unable to offer a swim lesson program at this time. Novice swimmers, in order to join our spring warm-up program, must be able to complete A) a lap of the pool swimming freestyle with proper side breathing and without stopping, B) a lap of backstroke without stopping, and C) demonstrate knowledge of butterfly and breaststroke.
Swimmers are placed into groups based on their current ability, not by their age.
Detailed instructions will be sent out a few days before the evaluation date. However, please be aware of the following:
1) Parents will not be allowed inside during the evaluation. This is due to the restriction on people allowed indoors. Parents are not allowed inside during practices at all. We understand this may be tough for younger swimmers. Before registering and bringing your swimmer to the evaluation, please be sure they will be okay being at swim practice without a parent present.
2) Parents will need to complete a "Day of Event" health screening form online for each swimmer attending. This is done before every practice swimmers attend as well.
3) Swimmers must wear a mask, covering their nose and mouth, at all times while inside the building, except when they are in the water.
4) Swimmers will be kept 6 feet apart when not in the pool. Markings on the pool deck will be used to indicate where swimmers should stand.
5) If the number of evaluation registrations is high, we may assign arrival times to limit the number of swimmers we are evaluating at any time.
6) All GPAC coaches wear masks at all times and remain 6 feet away from swimmers as much as possible.
7) Swimmers must arrive and depart in their bathing suits. The locker rooms are not available for changing and the showers are off limits.. Bathrooms are available (one person at a time) in an emergency only. Since the evaluation only lasts 30 minutes, please ensure your swimmer uses the restroom before you leave for the pool!