HOW IS THE PROGRAM STRUCTURED?
The Phoenix Swim Club (PSC) program is designed to enable each of its swimmers to systematically progress from the beginning to the elite level of performance by establishing clearly defined priorities, training plans, and performance standards for each level of instruction. Training groups are organized so that all of the swimmers in a particular group will be compatible with respect to age, training ability, and commitment levels. The emphasis in the early stages of development is placed on skill and attitude development. As the swimmers progress, a more demanding physical and psychological challenge is gradually introduced. The commitment level ranges from approximately two hours per week for the young beginner to “whatever it takes” for the aspiring Olympian. Although participation through all of the levels of instruction is the goal for every swimmer, each level will provide a valuable and rewarding experience in its own right.
WHY SHOULD I JOIN PSC?
- Tradition of Excellence: PSC was first established in 1989 and quickly became a nationally prominent program. Since its inception, this program has contributed to the training and development of swimmers who have accumulated 14 Olympic medals.
- Developmental Emphasis: The focus is on personal development within the framework of a strong team orientation. All levels of the developmental process are considered to be equally important, regardless of age or ability.
- Professional Staff: PSC is committed to providing its swimmers with a staff of highly skilled and qualified coaches.
- Excellent Facilities: PSC is provided with two state-of-the-art pools (50 meter and 25 yard).
- Educational and Travel Opportunities: Depending on the level of development, travel within the state and throughout North and South America may be available to our swimmers for competition, clinics, training camps, etc.
- Social Activities: Awards banquets, barbecues, picnics, recreational outings, etc.
- Family Environment: PSC's unique facilities and program philosophy are very conducive to family participation. Parents and siblings are considered to be an important part of the PSC “family.”
WHAT IF I AM NOT SURE THAT I AM QUALIFIED OR READY TO JOIN?
After a brief conversation, the PSC coaches will be pleased to place new swimmers in the most appropriate training group for a free try out.
HOW CAN I GET MORE INFORMATION ABOUT Phoenix Swim Club?
- Please call the office at: 602-468-0319
- Stop in for a visit at 3901 E. Stanford Drive, Phoenix, AZ 85253