CW’s 2014 Swim-a-Thon!
SWIM-A-THON INFORMATION – May 18th, 2014 @ Canham Natatorium @ 1p.m.
What is it? A Swim-a-Thon is a fundraiser in which CW participants have a maximum of two hours to swim as many laps as possible (up to 200). Participants get pledges/donations from businesses, family, neighbors, teachers, friends, etc. prior to (or right after) the day of the event. If you are in the Cubs, Junior, or Intermediate groups aparent or a friend watches to keep track of the completed lengths. Swimmers can take breaks, eat snacks, and listen to music.There will be lots of prizes, food and fun for everyone during the entire event. The 2014 campaign runs from April 22nd to May 27th.
.Why do we do it? We will be donating money to Detroit Swims who work in pools all around Detroit, through a one month program, teach children not to be afraid of the water and safety skills. We will also be donating to Motts Hospital.
How does it work? Participants can solicit donations/pledges three ways:
- Ask in person – and keep track of what you collect using the traditional Swim-a-Thon Packet (for cash/check donations) consisting of the Pledge Form and Receipts. Click on links below to print out forms,
- Send a personal letter to Family & Friends – using a Swim-a-Thon form Sponsor Letter, envelopes, and postage (for check/CC donations). See instructions below. Then click on Sponsor Letter to print out form.
- **NEW** Email/Facebook – easy as 1-2-3! 1) Sign in to your account 2) click on Swim-a-Thon Lane line at the top of CW website. You will land in the Set-up tab to begin setting up your personal swimmer platform 3) Need help? Click on the Red “Help Video” icon or see instructions below
- Top Donation Raisers: 1st Place- MP3 player 2nd Place- Speedo swim bag. 3rd Place- Speedo Swim Bag & Beach Towel
- Every swimmer receives a certificate of participation and ‘tickets’, redeemable at the event prize tables (a GREAT selection including mesh equipment bags in hot colors, string bags, turbo footballs, DVD’s, tee shirts, candy, goggle bags, posters, water Frisbees, etc.)
- Every participant who completes 100 or 200 lengths will also receive a Swim-a-Thon pin/or bag tag.
Questions?? Please contact Nancy Rovik at firstname.lastname@example.org