CW’s 2015 Swim-a-Thon!
SWIM-A-THON INFORMATION – November 8th @ Canham Natatorium @ 1p.m.
What is it? A Swim-a-Thon is a fundraiser in which CW participants have a maximum of two hours to swim as many laps as possible (up to 200). Participants get pledges/donations from businesses, family, neighbors, teachers, friends, etc. prior to (or right after) the day of the event. If you are in the Cubs, Junior, or Intermediate groups a parent or a friend watches to keep track of the completed lengths.
.Why do we do it? We will be donating money to the CW Elite group as they prepare for their Olympic Trials.
How does it work? Participants can solicit donations/pledges three ways:
- Ask in person – and keep track of what you collect using the traditional Swim-a-Thon Packet (for cash/check donations) consisting of the Pledge Form and Receipts. Click on links below to print out forms,
- Send a personal letter to Family & Friends – using a Swim-a-Thon form Sponsor Letter, envelopes, and postage (for check/CC donations). See instructions below. Then click on Sponsor Letter to print out form.
- **NEW** Email/Facebook – easy as 1-2-3! 1) Sign in to your account 2) click on Swim-a-Thon Lane line at the top of CW website. You will land in the Set-up tab to begin setting up your personal swimmer platform 3) Need help? Click on the Red “Help Video” icon or see instructions below
- Top Donation Raisers: 1st Place - a GoPro Hero HD Waterproof Action Camera !! 2nd and 3rd Place: CW Travel duffel/Backback filled with Surprise gifts!
- Every swimmer receives a certificate of participation and ‘tickets’, redeemable at the event prize tables (a GREAT selection including mesh equipment bags in hot colors, string bags, turbo footballs, DVD’s, tee shirts, candy, goggle bags, posters, water Frisbees, etc.)
- Every participant who completes 100 or 200 lengths will also receive a Swim-a-Thon pin/or bag tag.
Questions?? Please contact Sue Whitener at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 734.395.9350