MSC Team Tryouts
Mariner Swim Club welcomes new swimmers. Tryouts involve a coach’s evaluation on the swimmer’s skill level on all four strokes as well as a diving start. MSC Board members will be on hand to answer parent questions regarding fees, commitment level etc.
To schedule or if you have further questions, please contact Mariner Swim Club at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include information about your swimmer in the email:
- Prior Swimming experience
5407 Roland Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21210
Tryout Information for Swimmers
- Swimmers must be able to meet the following prerequisites:
- Swim 25 yards each of freestyle (crawl) and backstroke
- Swimmers should come to the pool wearing their swimsuit and bring a pair of goggles and swim cap.
Tryout Information for Parents
- Parents must accompany swimmers to the pool
- Parents must complete a contact information form. Please be prepared with the following information:
- Email and Home/ Cell Phone Numbers of Parent
Coaches will place swimmers in groups based on each swimmer's abilities. Descriptions and prerequisites of the groups are available under the "Swim team" tab. Swimmers will be notified via email the first week of August. Depending on openings in specific practice groups, qualified swimmers will either be offered a spot to begin this fall, or will be added to our waitlist until a spot opens up.
Details on the practice schedules, including expectations of swimmers and equipment requirements, are available under the "Practice Schedule" and "Swim Team" tabs above.