Pre-CAC FALL & WINTER Sessions
This is our introductory club swim group. Athletes joining this group need to be able to float on their front and back as well as kick the length, 25 yards, of the pool. During the Fall & Winter Sessions the swimmers will be given the skills they need to learn to swim freestyle and backstroke.
Pre-CAC is offered in the Fall and Winter Sessions ONLY.
- Pre-CAC Fall & Winter Sessions registration fee: $100 per swimmer
CAC FALL & WINTER Sessions - Group 1 & Group 2 (SMSL Club Team)
Group A: This contains all of the swimmers who are still in need of learning the 4 different racing strokes along with the team drills for each stroke. In order for a swimmer to move to Group 2 they will need to show the coaches that they are legal in all four stroke and ready to focus on a training program.
Group B: These swimmers are confident in their strokes but need lots of practice to cement all of the aspects of the stroke. This group is not based on age but it is necessary that these swimmers are able to be focused for a 60 minute practice or longer.
- The length of the practice will be set based on the swimmer's age and skill level.
- CAC Fall & Winter Sessions registration fee: $250 1st swimmer; $250 2nd swimmer (in same family); $75 3rd+ swimmer (in same family)
- Middle school swimmers: ½ off current CAC registration fee for remainder of CAC Session
- In-season high school swimmers*: $0 for remainder of CAC Session
- High school athletes coming off of any other in-season sport*: $50 for remainder of CAC Session
- *High school athletes (both in-season swimmers & athletes other than swimmers) wanting to do both CAC and USA swim: pay ONLY current CAC-USA registration fee
CAC SPRING Session – Group 1 & Group 2 (Training)
Our CAC Spring Session practices by Group 1 & Group 2 (see descriptions above). There are no meets during the Spring Session.
- CAC Spring Session registration fee: $150 per swimmer
CAC SUMMER Session – Age Group (WISC Club Team):
Our CAC Summer Session practices by these age groups: 11 & Up and 10 & Under. Please have your swimmer attend the appropriate age group swim practice times.
- CAC Summer Session registration fee: $290 1st swimmer; $290 2nd swimmer (in the same family); $85 3rd+ swimmer (in the same family)
CAC USA Team – Short Course Yards (SCY) Fall & Winter Sessions; Long Course Meters (LCM) Summer Session
Mission Statement: USA Swimming is the National Governing Body for the sport of swimming. We administer competitive swimming in accordance with the Amateur Sports Act. We provide programs and services for our members, supporters, affiliates and the interested public. We value these members of the swimming community, and the staff and volunteers who serve them. We are committed to excellence and the improvement of our sport.
Vision Statement : To inspire and enable our members to achieve excellence in the sport of swimming and in life.
- CAC-USA additional registration fee per USA swimmer: $90 (Fall, Winter, & Summer Sessions; no additional fee Spring Session)
- When applicable, USA Annual Renewal Registration per swimmer: $70 (subject to change)
- When applicable, USA meet fees (varies; typically $5 per event per swimmer)
Masters Swimming Program
Chelsea Masters is one of the recognized state swim groups which fall into the larger group Michigan Masters. Our group has been created to help people over the age of 18 get exercise. We want swimmers at all skill levels to join us so that we can help them maintain a healthy lifestyle. Those who are interested in taking it to a higher level can get their Master's number and compete in Masters Swim Meets in Michigan as well as neighboring states. Contact Coach Jen for details.
NEW THIS SEASON
Homeschool Practice Times- This group will practice 2-3 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays. All of these swimmers are encouraged to participate in our dual swim meets. The program will run September through November. Cost will be $130 per swimmer.
Summer Para CAC- This program is designed for swimmers with mental or physical impairment. These swimmers will be trained in all four competitive strokes and encouraged to train themselves for both health and fun. The program will run from June 14- July 19. Cost will be $250 per swimmer.