As a member of the Gateway Conference, Fox Creek Swim Team follows the rules posted at: http://www.gatewayswimdive.org/Home.jsp?team=recgsdc
Swim meet Heat Sheets are distributed by email before each meet. Heat Sheets list the Events separated by Girls/Boys, Age Group, and type of stroke. Each swimmer is allowed up to three individual events and two relay events in each meet.
- Within each event, swimmers are grouped into Heats according to their seed times.
- Within each heat, each swimmer is assigned to a Lane.
- To keep track of their assignments, swimmers use sharpie markers to write on their arm the Event/Heat/Lane of each assignment.
- We also ask parents to write the name of the swimmer in sharpie marker on their swimmer's shoulder to help the volunteers to line the swimmers up.
Ribbons are distributed at practices later in the week after each meet.
- Swimmers receive ribbons for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places for all heats in all events including relays.
- 10-and-under swimmers also receive 4th, 5th and 6th place ribbons.
- If 6-and-under swimmers disqualify (DQ) during their event they will receive a participant ribbon.
- Kickboarders receive participant ribbons.