COVID POLICIES: (as of August 2021)
We ask that you take these policies seriously. At no point do we wish to place any swimmer in harms way. Our goal is to have minimal impact on our swimming groups throughout the season, but the responsibilities will have to be upheld as a team!!!!!
Please note that any of these action items listed are subject to change, based on the recommendations of the CDC, local public health authorities, as well as The Atlantic Club.
1. Masks are optional at practice on deck. It is not the responsibility of the coaches to enforce mask wearing.
2. Please notify either Kendal or your swimmer’s coach IMMEDIATELY, if your swimmer tests positive for COVID-19.
3. If your swimmer tests positive, they may return after 10 days since symptoms first appeared as long as they are 24 hrs with no fever (fever reducing medicine free) and other symptoms are improving
4. If your swimmer tested positive and showed no symptoms, they may return after 10 days of since positive test. Should symptoms apppear, follow steps in #3.
5. An unvaccinated swimmer must quarantine if they have been in close contact (within 6ft of someone for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24 hr period) with someone who has COVID-19.
- If a swimmer does not test- they may return 10 days from exposure and as long as they show no symptoms
- If testing, test on day 5 or later. If it is negative, swimmer may return after day 7, as long as they show no symptoms.
6. A fully vaccinated swimmer does NOT need to quarantine after contact with someone who had COVID-19, unless they have symptoms. We ask that a fully vaccinated person get tested 3-5 days after their exposure, even if they don’t have symptoms and wear a mask indoors in the Bubble/meets for 14 days following exposure or they produce a negative test result.
In Short: The Center for Disease Control’s (CDC) and New Jersey Department of Health’s (NJDOH) guidance on quarantining for infected individuals or individuals who have been identified as a close contact has not changed. As a reminder, anyone who tests positive for COVID-19 must isolate for 10 days from the onset of symptoms (or 10 days from the positive test if asymptomatic). Anyone who is identified as a close contact (defined as being within 6-feet for a cumulative 15 minutes of someone who tests positive within 48 hours of that contact) who has not been fully vaccinated must quarantine for 10 days. This quarantine period can be shortened to 7 days if a test is taken between days 5-7 and is negative. Negative test results should be forwarded to Kendal.