USA Swimming's Parent Education Page
USA Swimming ID Number
A swimmers USA ID number is a unique 14 part number assigned to each swimmer once registered. The first 6 digits are the swimmers birth date: mm/dd/yy; the next three digits are the first three letters of athletes legal first name; the next digit is the middle initial (Or * if they do not have one), followed by the first four letters of the swimmers last name. (We also use * if their name is shorter than the required amount)
Example: Suzanne Eileen Nelson, born Aug 27, 2006 = 082706SUZENELS
Example: John Chu, born Sept 15, 2014 = 091514JOH*CHU*
Volunteering at Meets
Throughout the season COOGS will be attending and hosting meets/events and we will need your help. Starting in the 2021-22 season we are doing away with the volunteer escrow fee and introducing the following:
- When we have an event that requires parent volunteers we will assign families volunteer positions prior to the event. Families will not be assigned at events they are not attending.
- Parents are strongly encouraged to use the comments section when signing up for their swimmer's entries to indicate when they are or are not available to volunteer.
- COOGS will ensure that parents will be finished with their assigned volunteer position prior to their swimmer's last event.
- Once volunteer assignments are complete and posted, parents will have 24 hours to make arrangements through Coach Clay for any last minute changes.
- After this 24 hours parents will be responsible for filling the volunteer position. If for any reason the assigned position is not fulfilled the family account will be charged a $25/occurrence fine.
To deal with a Safe Sport concern, contact USA Swimming at (719) 866-4578
Contact the U.S. Center for Safe Sport to make a report. Call (720) 524-5640 or use the
online reporting form or find more information at http://www.uscenterforsafesport.org/