Parent Code of Conduct
Our team follows Safe Sport and MAAPP policies as outlined by USA Swimming. These rules can be found on the Safe Sport tab. Each family is required to review these rules annually and sign a signature confirmation page.
This may sound very simple, but your only job is to provide your swimmers with a loving, caring and supportive environment. Show your support by attending practices and swim meets, and by getting your swimmers where they need to be on time. This support will help your children feel good about their interest in swimming.
As a parent of Flood Aquatics Swim Team, I will abide to the following:
- Support the mission of the team at all times.
- Follow team deck policy.
- Not coach or instruct swimmers at practice or a meet.
- Display a positive attitude and show good sportsmanship.
- Support coaches, swimmers and parents with positive actions.
- Never approach meet management or officials during a swim meet.
- Communicate all concerns to my child’s coach.
- Never use abusive language towards anyone.
Cooperation and communication between parents and coaches is a vital part of a successful program. If a parent disagrees with a coach, the problem must be resolved privately between the two. This should be done before or after practice and away from the rest of the team. Ideally a text or email will be sent to the coach to set up a time to meet.
Failure to comply with any of the above, including any other actions that bring discredit to Flood Aquatics Swim Team, can result in disciplinary action. Flood Aquatics maintains the right to terminate any membership with/without cause in the interest of its mission and objectives.