Welcome to the 2019 14 & U Mid States All-Star Championships
January 5-6, 2019 – IU Natatorium – Indianapolis
A Team Indiana Welcome from Emily Kowalski, Team IN Manager
The 14 & U Mid States All-Star Championships feature teams from Team Indiana, Team Kentucky, Team Michigan, Team Minnesota, Team Ohio and Team Wisconsin. Each team is allowed to enter up to four individuals and two relays per event with the exception of the 1650 yard freestyle. Each Team is limited to two entries for each age-group (11-14) and gender of the 1650. Information regarding the Mid States Schedule and Order of Events can be found on Indiana Swimming Website by clicking [HERE]
This is an APPLICATION/SELECTION process as Team Indiana is limited on the number of swimmers per event.
Eligibility – Qualifying Period September 1, 2018 to December 10, 2018 5pm
Team Indiana will be selected from eligible applicants to create the most competitive line-up for the meet. To be eligible to apply for consideration athletes must:
- Be available for BOTH days of competition;Saturday January 5th & Sunday January 6th.
- Have earned a minimum of one National Motivational “AA” Time Standard in a sanctioned event contested at the Mid States meet for the age group they will be in on January 5, 2019 during the qualification period of September 1, 2018 – December 10, 2018. "AA" Times can be found [HERE]
- High School Girls and Boys, who are still 14, may use their high school dual meet times.Those results must be faxed to 317-237-5783 by December 10 – 5 pm to be considered.In addition, IF they are selected to represent Team IN at the meet, they must obtain a signed waiver from their High School Athletic Director. This form is not available online. The Swimmer must go through their high school Athletic Director.Please be aware of IHSAA rules and their waiver limitations (i.e.: a student-athlete can only apply for 2 waivers during the season AND the event cannot interfere with a school swim meet).
- To apply for consideration for Team Indiana, go [HERE] to complete the registration application. Athletes will receive a confirmation that their application has been accepted. Notification of selection to the team will be made following the close of qualifying period, but no later than December 21, 2018.
- Deadline for Team Indiana consideration is 5PM EST Monday, December 10, 2018.
The Team Indiana Coaching staff will consider all eligible applicants for all events in order to select the strongest line-up possible. Applicants will not need to indicate event preferences. IN Swimming will pull all best times achieved during the qualification period from the SWIMS national database If a performance was achieved at a high school meet, a copy of the results bearing the signature of the meet referee must be received in the Indiana Swimming office via e-mail (TeamINmanager@gmail.com), FAX (317-237-5783), or US Postal Service by the application deadline of December 10, 2018 in order to be considered.
- All athletes will be notified of their status through the e-mail address provided on or before December 21st, 2018.
- Athletes selected for Team Indiana will be asked to confirm their acceptance. **If your swimmer is selected, please make sure you reply to the acceptance email!
- If you don’t reply or indicate you can or cannot be a part of Team Indiana, the coaching staff will have to find a replacement.
- If a swimmer turns down their invitation to be a part of Team Indiana, they will NOT be eligible for any team outfitting.
- All confirmed Team IN members will receive required forms and payment information that will be due December 30th, as well as hotel information and additional activity information (time to report, outfitting, Team Picture time, Team Practice time, etc).
- All line-up decisions including relays are the discretion of the coaching staff.
- The 2019 14 & U Mid States Championships Head Coach is Jim Voss from DUNE. Other members of the staff will be announced in the next couple of weeks.
Indiana Swimming office at 317-237-5780 if you have any questions.
2019 14 & U MID STATES ALL-STAR SPECIAL EVENT!!!
Margo Geer will be our National Team athlete making an appearance on Saturday January 5th. Margo will be signing autographs and available for picture taking opportunities on deck during the meet.
She will conduct a clinic that will begin when the competition is over on Saturday and end at 6:00 PM.
(open only to Team Indiana Members)