How do I know if my son/daughter is ready to begin?
As a pre-requisite, athletes looking to join our program need to be able to complete 25 yards freestyle (front crawl) and 25 yards backstroke. Typically, young swimmers that have completed Level 4 in a lesson program or who have attended our summer pre-competitive camp are usually able to accomplish this. If you are not sure, head up to Public Open Swim at West Genesee HS to try it out. If your son/daughter is not able to complete this beginning swimming test, we recommend trying a lesson program first.
Which Group Do I Choose?
If you are uncertain which group to register for, choose a group that best describes your swimmer. During the first week of practice, the coaching staff will evaluate swimmers and let you know if you should change swim groups to best meet the needs of the swimmer. [Financial adjustments will be made to your account by the registrar.]
It is also club procedure, that at the end of a swim session coaching staff will reevaluate swimmers. If changes are made to a swimmers training group, the swimmer will be notified at the end or between sessions so that you can register for that group during the sessions registration. If you have not been asked to "advance" to the next swim level, please re-register your child with their current training group.
The CSC Coaching staff have the final say for which group your child will train with.
TRY IT OUT!
Not sure what group you should train with? Not sure if swimming is for you? There is the option for a "Try It Out". A trial gives you the opportunity to try the swim program for 2-3 days and determine if you would like to sign up for an annual registration.
Try outs should typically take place the first week or last week of a session. This is a great opportunity to talk to the coaching staff to determine the best training group for your child.
Contact the registrar for more information. firstname.lastname@example.org
WHITE "Beginner" GROUP
- Typical Age: 7-12
- 3 Days a week - 60 Minutes each practice
- Swimmers just beginning their club swimming career participate in practices that focus on developing the four legal strokes (Backstroke, Breaststroke, Butterfly, and Freestyle), as well as some dry land training. Legal competitive starts and turns are also introduced.
- Requirement: MUST be able to swim 25 yards either freestyle or backstroke without assistance to join.
- Please visit the PRACTICE CALENDAR for practice times & days.
BLUE "Developing" GROUP
- Typical Ages: 10 - up
- 3 Days A Week - 60 Minutes a Day
- Swimmers continue their swimming career in practices that focus on continued development in the four legal strokes (Backstroke, Breaststroke, Butterfly, and Freestyle), as well as some dry land training. Legal competitive starts and turns are also taught and developed.
- Requirement: Must be able to swim 50 yards unassisted either freestyle or backstroke to join.
- Please check the PRACTICE CALENDAR for practice times & days.
GOLD "Advanced" GROUP
- Coaches Approval Required
- Typical Ages 10 and up; must have competitive experience
- 4 Days a Week - 75 Minutes a day
- Swimmers are given challenging workouts and drills that focus heavily on aerobic development, as well as technique improvement for swimmers who already have a solid base in all four competitive strokes. Competitive starts and turns as well as interval training are worked on at each practice.
- Please visit the PRACTICE CALENDAR practice times & days.
JUNIOR "Proficient" GROUP
- AGES: Coaches Approval Required
- 5 Days a Week - 90 Minutes a Day
- A transition level to the Senior competition level. Focus is on the continuation of proper stroke technique and development with more advanced endurance training. The focus of is to teach the swimmers how to train more intensively and with more focus. Swimmers should be commitment to attend practices more regularly.
- Please check the PRACTICE CALENDAR for practice times.
SENIOR "Accomplished" GROUP
- AGES: Coaches Approval Required
- 5 Days a Week - 120 Minutes a Day
- The highest level of training offered. Swimmers train heavily in all four competitive strokes, learn race strategies, and focus on becoming the most competitive well-rounded swimmer they can be. Heavy aerobic development will be part of each practice. Swimmers should be mentally, emotionally and physically able to handle longer, more intense practice sets. Daily attendance and year ‘round swimming is highly encouraged in this group
- See PRACTICE CALENDAR for practice times.
More information on swim groups can be found by clicking [HERE].
What does the Scholastic Package Mean?
If you are in middle or high school and are involved with a Modified or Varsity sport (Fall and Winter Sports Only) at your school, you are welcome to register with your swim groups SCHOLASTIC PACKAGE. Swimmers who are involved in marching band or a school play (that will take you from the pool for 6-8 weeks) may also register with their groups scholastic package. A note from your coach or director indicating you will be away from the pool for 6 - 8 weeks will be required.
The Scholastic Package offers training to swimmers on a limited basis. Attendance is taken daily. Swimmers registered with a scholastic package are current members and may register for all meets approved by the board.
Winter Junior or Senior Packages will not be offered this year.
There are only 2 options for Juniors and seniors - A full year or a scholastic package.
USA Swim Registration Required with Scholastic Package - $69.00
- A 1 Year Membership is offered. $300.00 a year
- April 1 - March 31st of the following year
- USA Swim Registration required - $66.00
- There is no Pro-Rate for Late Registration.
Saturday swim practices are offered at the coaches discretion. These days are utilized for extra practice and to make up for practices that may have to be canceled during the week. [example - If there is a West Genesee Home Swim Meet during the week, practices need to be canceled. If the WG School District closes due to in-climate weather, there is no CSC practice.)
At the end of the registration process you will be given your total and emailed a receipt. Please submit your payment promptly.
Members are REQUIRED to register & make payment PRIOR to attending practices.
Checks may be made out to: Camillus Swim Club INC or CSCI and mailed to this address: 159 Terrace Way, Camillus, NY 13031.
If you are transferring from another club to the Camillus Swim Club YOU MUST fill out the 2016 Niagara LSC Club Transfer. Niagara Swim charges a fee of $5.00. This amount will be added to your account.
- 2017 NIAGARA LSC TRANSFER FORM
- How do I find my USS ID Number?
- It is located on your USA Swimming Card
- The CSC registrar may possibly know your number
- our you may get it HERE
NON RECRUITMENT FORM
In addition, for all NEW swimmers to our club, in order to join our organization as an athlete, we ask that you fill out a Camillus Swim club Non-Recruitment Form. Please download the form below, fill it out, and send it in with your registration forms.
USA Swimming Membership Dues
- All swimmers are required to join USA Swimming which has an annual membership fee of $69.00.
- USA Swim Fee = $58.00
- LSC Fee = $11.00
- The USA Swimming membership offers many benefits and the website can be found at www.usaswimming.org
- Our USA Swimming Local Swim Committee is the Niagara Swimming LSC. They have a extensive website with information for all levels of swimmers and parents. Visit them at www.niagaraswim.org
- USA Swimming Application Form: USA Swimming Registration/Application
- A Multi-Swimmer Family Discount will apply to those families with 2 or more athletes. The family will be charged 100% of the highest group fee for the first athlete. A Family with 2 swimmers 10% discount off their dues. Families with 3 or more swimmers will receive a 15% discount. Sibling discount CANNOT be used with the College Package
It is expected that meet fees will be paid in a prompt fashion. If your bill is past due by 30 days or more, you will not be able to register for a meet until your statement is current. Payment due upon receipt, late fee may apply.
- Mail Payment To: Kristine Blumer - 159 Terrace Way, Camillus NY 13031
- Make Checks Out To: CSCI or Camillus Swim Club, Inc.
Membership fees are paid in full-up front for the Blue and White levels. For the Gold, Junior, and Senior levels, payment is split into 3 payments DUE on the 1st of the Month. You may also incur additional fees throughout the swim season (such as meet fees). Prompt payment is expected. Bills are generated via the Team Unify System on the first of every month however payment due upon receipt, late fee may apply.
As a non-profit parent-owned organization, Camillus Swim Club relies on its members to help in fundraising opportunities throughout the year. This year, we are planning on conducting several fundraisers. It is important that our CSC families participate in these fundraisers to help keep our registration fees low.
The Camillus Swim Club hosts and participates in 2 Home Meets during the calendar year. These events are critically important as they help to offset the costs of the Club (the registration fees alone do not cover the Club expenses).
The volunteer commitment of our membership is critical in ensuring that efficient, quality meets are conducted. You will be required to volunteer for these meets (in some cases, even if you do not have a child participating in the meet). Our volunteer coordinator will be tracking volunteer hours throughout the meets.
By registering your child/children during the Fall and Winter Swim Sessions, you agree & understand your commitment to volunteer for the November 13, 2016 or January 2017 Home Camillus Swim Club Meet.
The Camillus Swim Club has a firm NO REFUND POLICY concerning annual swimming dues and registration fees for swimmers who have registered with our club.
Once a swimmer commits to the club, fees cannot be refunded due to the financial structure of the club. Our financial commitments involve annual contracts based on swimmer registrations. Camillus Swim Club is obligated to fulfill these contracts regardless of the number of swimmers we have in the water at any time.
We understand our swimmers may experience, illness, injury, over-commitment, decreased interest or problems that may take them out of the water at some point during the season. While we regret these problems, NO REFUND OF REGISTRATION FEE AND/OR DUES can be made for swimmers who are out of the water.
If you are a NEW (NON-USA) SWIMMER, please utilize the trial week to confirm if you would like to register for the session.
The Camillus Swim Club recognizes there may be extenuating circumstances for some families and we ask that you contact our club treasurer with any concerns about payment of club fees. This information will be kept in the confidence of our treasurer and club president.
Out Reach Program
If a swimmer qualifies for free or reduced lunch at school, they will be eligible for a reduction in USA Swim. The cost of the USA Swimming membership is reduced from $69 down to $5. A simple form is necessary to activate this program. Print off the OUTREACH APPLICATION form and submit it with any of the qualified documentation to the club treasurer.
Outreach Application: OUTREACH APPLICATION
Club Administrator: Meet Fees and Equipment Club Strengthening Form
All Swimmers are asked to also read our CSC anti-bullying Pledge.
CAMILLUS SWIM CLUB, Inc. Anti Bullying Pledge
We the members of The Camillus Swim Club agree to join together to stamp out bullying and cyber bullying on our team.
We believe that everybody should enjoy our team equally and also enjoy a peaceful life at home while on the internet and feel safe, secure and accepted regardless of color, race, gender, popularity, athletic ability, intelligence, religion and nationality.
Bullying can be pushing, shoving, hitting, spitting, as well as name calling, picking on, making fun of, laughing at, and infringing on or excluding someone. “Cyber Bullying” is when a child, preteen, or teen is tormented, threatened, harassed, humiliation, embarrassed or otherwise targeted by another child, preteen or teen using the internet, interactive and digital technologies or mobile phones.
Bullying and cyber bullying causes pain and stress to victims and is never justified or excusable as “kids being kids,” “just teasing” or any other rationalization. The victim is never responsible for being a target of bullying or cyber bullying.
By joining Camillus Swim Club, we the Members of the CSCI agree to:
1. Value student differences and treat others with respect.
2. Not become involved in bullying or cyber bullying incidents or be a bully or cyber bully.
3. Be aware of the Club’s polices and support system with regard to bullying/cyber bullying.
4. Follow team rules at practice regarding all interactions in the water.
5. Allow faster swimmers to go ahead without ridicule or harassment.
6. Report honestly and immediately all incidents of bullying / cyber bullying to a Coach or Parent.
7. Be alert where there is less adult supervision such as locker rooms, corridors, and stairwells.
8. Support swimmers who have been or are subjected to bullying/cyber bullying
9. Talk to coaches and parents about concerns and issues regarding bullying / cyber bullying.
10. Work with teammates and coaches, to help the Team deal with bullying / cyber bullying effectively.
11. Be a good role model for younger members and support them if bullying / cyber bullying occurs.
12. Participate fully and contribute to assemblies dealing with bullying / cyber bullying.
13. I acknowledge that whether I am being a bullying or see someone being bullied / cyber bullied, if I don’t report or stop the bullying / cyber bullying, I am just as guilty
Please feel free to email me with questions.
See you in the pool!
Board Registrar and Secretary