|SCAs 2016 SCA-a-Thon!
Wednesday, March 16th*
What is it? Our SCA-a-Thon is a fundraiser in which ALL SCA swimmers (Novice - Senior) have a maximum of two hours to swim as many laps as possible during their normal practice time*, up to 200 laps. Participants get pledges/ donations from family, businesses, neighbors, teachers, friends, etc. prior to or right after the day of the event. If you are younger, you’ll want a parent or a friend there to help keep track of the completed lengths. We welcome all parents to cheer their swimmer on! There will be music, raffle prizes & a “grub” table!
Why we do it? All money raised funds the SCA Booster Budget and is spent to support our swimmers with meet t-shirts, Polar Bear Club t-shirts, swimmer awards, team banquets & parties, etc.
How does it work? Participants can solicit donations/ pledges three ways:
- Ask in person - and keep track of what you collect using the SCA-a-Thon Pledge/ Donation Form (checks only please, no cash).
- Send a personal letter to family & friends - using an SCA-a-Thon form letter, envelopes & postage (check or credit card donation via your personal TeamUnify donation site)
- Online donations using email and Facebook facilitated through Team website - easy setup! 1) sign in to your account on the SCA website; 2) click on the SCA-a-Thon lane at the top of our website. You will land in the Set-up tab to begin setting up your personal swimmer platform; 3) Need help? Click on the red “Help Video” icon or see instructions below. You will also receive a promote email with a link into your setup page.
Who should I contact for a donation? Letters & Forms
✦ Family (i.e., aunts, uncles, grandparents, cousins, etc. ✦ Pledge Form (Instrx for donation page setup)
✦ Dentist, Orthodontist, Doctors
✦ Family accountant/Financial Advisor
✦ Local businesses you visit frequently (i.e., coffee shops, taco stand,
dry cleaners, salons, restaurants
✦ Baby sitters, Teachers
- Top Fundraiser Awards: 1st Place - GoPro Hero4 Camera; 2nd Place $150 Gift Certificate to SLAM; 3rd Place $50 SLAM Gift Certificate (must raise a minimum $750 to be eligible for Top Fundraiser Awards)
- To be considered towards Top Fundraiser Award totals, donations must be received no later than April 1, 2016.
- Every participant will receive a “ticket” to be eligible for the on-deck raffle during the event
*Tues/Thurs/Friday swimmers, we want you to participate in the SCA-a-thon too, please come participate with Wednesday as an bonus day!
Questions, please contact Justina Blackwill @ firstname.lastname@example.org