The mission of the Cutting Edge Figure Skating Club is to promote excellence in the sport of figure skating at all levels and all disciplines in a safe, supportive and encouraging environment that values hard work and dedication, while proudly supporting our local community.
Cutting Edge FSC is a figure skating club located in Pleasant Prairie, WI and the home club of RecPlex Ice Arena. The club fosters the sport of figure skating for both individual figure skaters and synchronized team skaters by offering sanctioned USFS test sessions and competitions; and USFS synchronized skating instruction and competitions to our members. The club currently has over 150 skating members from Southeast Wisconsin and Northern Illinois participating in both individual figure skating and/or synchronized team skating.
Cutting Edge Figure Skating Club was incorporated as a non-profit organization in the state of Wisconsin in the spring of 2007, received 501(c)(3) tax exempt status as a public charity in July, 2007, and was approved as a provisional member club with the United States Figure Skating Association (USFSA) that same month. Since then, CEFSC has fostered the sport of figure skating for both individual figure skaters and synchronized team skaters by offering sanctioned USFS test sessions to eligible USFS member skaters, and both USFS and ISI synchronized skating instruction and competitions to our members. The club currently has over 150 skating members participating in both individual figure skating and synchronized team skating. Cutting Edge FSC was elected to full club membership in United States Figure Skating at the 2008 USFS Governing Council annual meeting held in Denver.
Cutting Edge FSC Bylaws CEFSC Articles of Inc Conflict Resolution
Benefits of membership include:
· US Figure Skating Membership
· SKATING Magazine (one per family)
· Permission to test/compete at USFS Sanctioned events
· Reimbursement of entry fee to qualifying UGL regional events
· 5 to 6 annual WEEKEND test sessions at home rink; RecPlex Ice Arena
· Priority at CEFSC test sessions, clinics & exhibitions
· Entry to annual banquet with voting privileges
· Test patches/milestone recognition in home rink and at the banquet
· Social media and local newspaper recognition
· Monthly newsletter and periodic email reminders/updates
· RecPlex Corporate Rate exclusively offered to CEFSC families
· CEFSC jacket and spirit wear available for purchase
· Social events hosted by club and Junior Council
· Free club t-shirt for community events
· SCRIP program available to reduce skating costs
· Personal online account to track SCRIP rebate funds & volunteering
· Scholarships offered through fundraising/sponsorships when available
Membership Levels & Application
The Cutting Edge Figure Skating Club is a volunteer organization and requires the participation of each member family. We understand that each family has its own time priorities and constraints. Some families will have the time or desire to provide more volunteer time to the organization than other families; however, unless all families provide a minimum level of volunteer commitment, our skating club simply cannot function.
Each family must volunteer a minimum number of hours during the season or result in a penalty fee. Any volunteer penalty fees collected will be added to the profits made from group fundraising.
· Volunteer opportunities will be communicated via email.
· Families with more than one skater only need to fulfill one volunteer responsibility.
· With approval from the Volunteer Coordinator, skaters that are 13 and over may volunteer alongside their parents in certain cases; volunteer hours will count toward the family volunteer requirement.
· Volunteer slots will be posted on the Cutting Edge FSC website under “Events”. To be able to view and sign up for a job slot, you will need to log-in to your account. If you are able to volunteer for a particular opportunity, please follow the instructions on-line to select the slot(s) you would like to volunteer for.
· You will be able to track you own volunteer hours through the Cutting Edge FSC website. The Volunteer Coordinator would be available to answer any questions.
· Only volunteer hours that you sign up for under the event tab on Cutting Edge FSC website count toward your volunteer requirement.
The primary purpose of fundraising is to decrease the out-of-pocket costs of participation in the sport, and/or to cover additional expenses as desired by the club and its members. The number of fundraising opportunities held during the year is determined by the parents who coordinate and participate in them (the Fundraising Committee). In the past, fundraisers have included candles, poinsettias, taffy apples, Avon, and discount cards. You will be informed of the details as each fundraising opportunities as they present themselves. There is no individual fundraising requirement for the 2014/15 season.
Schedules for each fundraiser will be determined as soon as the information becomes available.
All proceeds from fundraisers will be credited for a specific purpose for the benefit of a group of skaters, not to an individual member (must be a general purpose). Scrip fundraisers is the only exception.
Private contributions are welcomed and tax deductible in accordance with the individual’s present tax status and current tax laws. Cutting Edge FSC is a 501(c) 3 organization.