AMS SCHOLASTIC ALL-AMERICAN
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
2015 – 2016 ACADEMIC YEAR
The 2016 AMS Scholastic All-American Application will be available on line through the AMS Web Site from June 8, 2016 through August 31, 2016
Each year, Allegheny Mountain Swimming recognizes those swimmers who excel both in the classroom and in the pool. The AMS Scholastic All-America Team is made up of high school student-athletes who have a grade point average of 3.75 or higher and who meet the eligibility requirements during the preceding academic year.
To be eligible for the AMS Scholastic All-American Team, swimmers must:
- Be an athlete member of Allegheny Mountain Swimming during the eligibility period (September 1, 2016 - April 15, 2016).
- Have completed 10th, 11th or 12th grade during the 2015-16 academic year
- Have a minimum 3.75 un-weighted Grade Point average for the 2015-16 academic year
- Only grades for the current academic year will be used to determine your GPA, but a complete transcript is required. (No Report Cards)
- Have competed in at least three (3) AMS Meets during the 2015 – 2016 short course season
- Have achieved at least one qualifying time for the 2016 Eastern Zone Spring South Sectional meet.
- Qualifying times and AMS Meet Participation will be validated through Times on the USA Swimming web site (times MUST be in SWIMS)
HOW TO APPLY
On or before the August 31, 2016 deadline
- Have your transcript for the complete academic year scanned and available to upload prior to submitting the application (report cards not accepted)
- Complete the on-line AMS Scholastic All-American Application
- Print a copy of the confirmation for your records. If you do not receive a confirmation, please re-submit the application.
- Follow instructions on the confirmation to upload the transcript. A Link will be provided on the confirmation upon submission of the application.
- Application and transcript submission deadline: August 31, 2016. Late Applications and transcripts will not be accepted.
Those swimmers selected for the 2015 – 2016 AMS Scholastic All-American Team will be recognized at the 2017 AMS Awards Banquet. The Team List will be posted on the AMS Web Site in the fall of 2016.
Click HERE to print a PDF of the above information.
Please direct questions to Matt Tucker (AMS Sr. Vice Chair) or Laura Hartman (AMS Permanent Office).