AMS SCHOLASTIC ALL-AMERICAN INFORMATION & APPLICATION
2018 – 2019 ACADEMIC YEAR
The 2019 AMS Scholastic All-American Application will be available on line through the AMS Web Site from August 15, 2019 through September 23, 2019
Each year, Allegheny Mountain Swimming recognizes those swimmers who excel both in the classroom and in the pool. The AMS Scholastic All-America Team is made up of high school student-athletes who have a grade point average of 3.5 or higher and who meet the performance eligibility requirements during the preceding academic year.
- Applicant must have been a member of Allegheny Mountain Swimming at the time of the swim, and a current member when applying.
- Applicant must have completed 9th, 10th, 11th or 12th grade during the 2018-19 academic year in order to apply.
- Applicant must have competed in at least three (3) AMS Meets during the 2018 – 2019 short course season
- Applicant must have a minimum 3.5 GPA for the 2018 - 2019 academic year
- A=4, B=3, C=2. If numerical grades are used, the following scale will be used unless the school’s letter grade conversion is given on the transcript: A=90-100; B=80-89; C=70-79. In calculating the GPA no rounding will be used.
- Honors, Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, and dual credit college level academic courses will earn one half (.5) extra Grade Point. Grades for academic subjects only are calculated – history/social studies, English, mathematics, sciences, foreign languages, computer sciences, visual and performing arts if indicated as academic. A grade lower than a C in an academic subject will mean automatic rejection of the applicant. Grades for non-academic courses will NOT be calculated – art, band, choir, orchestra, health, driver education, physical education, and any other class marked non-academic on a transcript.
- Applicant must have swum an individual pool time equal to or faster than the 2019 Eastern Zone Spring South Sectional qualifying time in any individual event during the SAA qualifying period (September 1, 2018 – April 15, 2019) with qualifying times in SWIMS. Only ONE time is necessary,
- Applicant must upload a complete high school transcript for the application to be complete. All grades for the current year (both semesters 2018-2019) must be on the transcript.
Note that school transcripts are the only documentation accepted for the Scholastic All America application (PDF or JPG files). Word documents will NOT be accepted. Grade cards and report cards will NOT be accepted. Only grades for the 2018-2019 school year will be used to determine your GPA but a complete transcript is required.
HOW TO APPLY
- Have your transcript for the complete academic year scanned and available to upload prior to submitting the application (report cards not accepted)
- Complete the on-line AMS Scholastic All-American Application
- Upload the transcript. A Link will be provided on the application.
- Application and transcript submission deadline: September 23, 2019. Late Applications and transcripts will not be accepted.
- Those swimmers selected for the 2018 – 2019 AMS Scholastic All-American Team will be recognized at the 2019 AMS Awards Banquet. The Team List will be posted on the AMS Web Site in the fall of 2019.
Click HERE to print a PDF of the above information.
Please direct questions to Tom Grassadonia (AMS Sr. Vice Chair) or Laura Hartman (AMS Permanent Office).