AMS JUNIOR ATHLETE REPRESENTATIVE NOMINATION & ELECTIONS
NOMINATION PERIOD: June 8 – June 29, 2016
ELECTIONS: July 5 – July 15, 2016
TERM: August 1, 2016 – July 31, 2018
AMS is currently seeking candidates for an Athlete Representative to be the voice for AMS Athletes locally, in the Eastern Zone, and nationally at the USA Swimming Convention. The Athlete Representative is a two-year position beginning August 1, 2016 with the first year serving as the Junior Representative and the second year serving as the Senior Representative.
- Attend the USA Swimming Convention in Atlanta, Georgia September 21 – 25, 2016
- Attend the USA Swimming Convention in Dallas, Texas September 13 – 16, 2017
- Attend AMS Board of Directors meetings (monthly)
- Attend AMS House of Delegates meetings (May & September)
- Work with the Senior Vice Chair on LSC related activities
- Work with Senior Athlete Rep to coordinate the Athlete’s Committee
- Work with the Senior Athlete Rep to organize and host regular athlete meetings
- Work with Senior Athlete Rep to organize social functions for athletes each year
- Assume roll and responsibilities of Senior Athlete Rep after first year
- Engage local athletes to participate in the governance of Allegheny Mountain Swimming
- Other activities as needed
At the time of election, the Athlete Representative must
- be an Athlete Member of USA Swimming in good standing
- be at least sixteen (16) years of age or at least a sophomore in high school
- be currently competing, or have competed during the three (3) immediately preceding years, in the program of swimming conducted by AMS or another Local Swimming Committee
- reside in the within the geographic territory of AMS and expect to reside therein throughout at least the first half of the term
Interested candidates should complete the ON-LINE SELF NOMINATION FORM, available under the “Athletes” tab on the AMS Web Site no later than Wednesday, June 29, 2016
Once applications are received and qualifications verified, we will hold an on-line election through the AMS Web Site from July 5 – 15, 2016.
Click HERE to print a PDF of the above information.
Please direct questions to Matt Tucker (AMS Sr. Vice Chair) or Laura Hartman (AMS Permanent Office).