AMS SCHOLASTIC ALL-AMERICAN INFORMATION
2019 – 2020 ACADEMIC YEAR
The application for the 2019-2020 2020 AMS Scholastic All-American will be available on the AMS Web Site from August 1, 2020 through September 30, 2020
Each year, Allegheny Mountain Swimming recognizes those swimmers who excel both in the classroom and in the pool. The AMS Scholastic All-America Team is made up of high school student-athletes who have a grade point average of 3.5 or higher and who meet the performance eligibility requirements during the preceding academic year.
As a result of school closures due to the Covid-19 pandemic, only grades from the first reportable semester (term) of the 2019 – 2020 academic year will be used to determine academic eligibility
- Qualifying pool time must be in the SWIMS database and must have been achieved between September 1, 2019 and April 15, 2020.
- Applicant is required to submit a full year transcript for the 2019 – 2020 academic year (no report cards)
- Applicant must have been a member of Allegheny Mountain Swimming at the time of the swim, and a current member when applying for the 2019-2020 AMS SAA Team.
- The only method for application will be the online application on the AMS website.
- Application and transcript must be received by September 30, 2020. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Applicants must have swum an individual pool time equal to or faster than the 2020 Spring South Section qualifying time in an individual event during the AMS SAA Qualifying period (September 1, 2019 – April 15, 2020). The time must be in the SWIMS database.
- Applicant must have competed in at least three (3) AMS Meets during the 2019 – 2020 short course season (September 1, 2019 – April 15, 2020).
Grade & GPA Requirements
- Applicant must have completed 9th, 10th, 11th or 12th grade during the 2019 - 2020 academic year.
- Applicant must have a minimum 3.5 academic GPA for the first reportable semester of the 2019 – 2020 Academic Year.
- GPA will be calculated for each applicant using academic subjects only based on the following grade conversion
A (90-100%) = 4 B (80-89%) = 3 C (70-79%) =2
Academic subjects include History/Social Studies, English, Mathematics, Sciences, Foreign Languages, Computer Sciences, Visual and Performing Arts (if indicated as academic). A grade lower than a C in an academic subject will mean automatic rejection of the applicant.
Weighted Courses including Honors, Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, and dual credit college level academic courses will earn one half (.5) extra Grade Point.
Non-Academic courses including Art, Band, Choir, Orchestra, Health, Driver Education, Physical Education, Shop, etc. and any other class marked non-academic will not be included in the GPA Calculation unless the transcript indicates “academic”, AP or IB.
Only grades for the first reportable semester (term) of the 2019-2020 school year will be used to determine your GPA, however a complete transcript is required.
- Have your Full Year Transcript for the 2019 – 2020 academic year in your possession prior to starting the application
If your school will only mail transcripts, please ask them to mail it to the following address
AMS Scholastic All-American
17 Fieldstone Dr.
Pittsburgh, PA 15220
- Complete the on-line AMS 2020 Scholastic All-American Application on the AMS web site.
- Use the link provided on the application to upload your transcript. (PDF or JPEG only, no word documents)
- Application and transcript submission deadline: September 30, 2020.
- Those swimmers selected for the 2019 – 2020 AMS Scholastic All-American Team will receive a certificate and be recognized on the AMS Web Site in the fall of 2020.
Questions? Contact Laura Hartman at [email protected] or 412-200-2571.
AMS SCHOLASTIC ALL-AMERICAN TEAMS
2018 - 2019
2017 - 2018
2016 - 2017
2015 - 2016
2014 - 2015
2013 - 2014
2012 - 2013
2011 - 2012
2010 - 2011
2009 - 2010
2008 - 2009
2007 - 2008
2006 - 2007
2005 - 2006