The Minges Makos is a summer swim club for novice and experienced swimmers ages 5-18. The team is part of the Greenville Area Summer Swim League.
- All Makos instructors are USA Swimming certified coaches with full multi-layered background checks
- Head Makos instructors were/are national-level swimmers who understand the sport of swimming
- Learn more about our instructors here: Makos Coaches
What We Teach:
- Fundamentals of swimming for ALL FOUR stroke
- Racing strategies in a fun, low-pressure environment
- Instructors follow drill guidelines established and practiced by the East Carolina Aquatics – The Gators!
2018 Season Details
- Head Coach: Hannah Stahmer
- Assistant Coach: Andrew Landry
- Practice Facility: Minges Natatorium, ECU Varsity Pool
- Season: May 30 - July 29
- General Practice Schedule: M, W, TH 6:15-7:30 PM, FR 8:00-9:00 AM
- Competitions: 1 local competition per week, held on Tuesday nights, plus end of season championship meets.
- Fee Structure:
- ECA Members - $95 ($50 for those doing meets only)
- ECA Non-members - $135
- Fee includes: Team Cap, Team T-Shirt, Seasonal USA Swimming Registration, Training, Meets, GASSL Registration Fees, and Team Suit
- Optional Items: Additional T-Shirts ($15/each) or Caps ($10/each) (Please note that each swimmer will be given one t-shirt and one cap as part of registration)
- Contact: email@example.com
New Swimmer Tryouts
The tryout is an evaluation process that generally involves a one-on-one interaction between a coach and your swimmer. Swimmers must have some basic skills to participate with the makos like the ability to swim 25 yards without stopping, floating on their front and back, treading water, and kicking with a board. Tryout dates will be determined. Swimmers must bring swim suit and goggles.
Tryouts will be held Tuesday, May 15, from 6:30-7:30 PM
2018 Registration Information
Registration is now open for new and returning swimmers! Click here: Makos Registration
2018 Meet Schedule: (To be determined)
News and Updates: