Focus in kicking (assisted) front and back, holding breath, immersion and flotation
- No background in swimming
- Able to stand at the shallow end of the pool
- Learning how to hold breath
- Learning how to put face in the water
- Learning proper kick with straight legs, head down
- Learning flotation
Moving criteria: 6 m kick front and back (unassisted)
Focus on strokes (front and back) and kick (unassisted), kicking underwater, dolphin kick
- Able to kick in front and back, with no assistance
- Learning stroke technique front and back
- Power front and back kick for 6 m
- Learning fly kick
Moving criteria: 6 m free and back swim (unassisted) with clean strokes (no dragging)
Preparation to get into Intermediate groups.
Focus on freestyle breathing, body position, efficient freestyle and backstroke swim, power fly kick
- Learning breathing technique in freestyle
- Proper body position in free and backstroke
- Able to swim 12 m free and backstroke
- Learning Breastroke kick.
Moving criteria: Proper freestyle swimming (including breathing) and backstroke swimming for 12 m.
Focus on longer free and back distance (25m), learning breastroke pull and flip turns, away from the wall.
- Swimming 25 m free and back
- Learning breastroke pull
- Learning butterfly pull
- Flip turns and dives
Moving criteria: Able to swim 25m free and back, at the deep pool. Proper breastroke kick.
Focus on butterfly and breastroke swim. Flip turns at the wall and dives.
- Learning butterfly swim
- Learning breastroke swim
- Turns & Dives
Moving criteria: Able to swim 50 m free and back. Able to swim 25 m fly and breast.
Focus in improving the 4 strokes, in preparation to swim meets (recreational).
- Swimming all 4 strokes
- Learning free & back turns
- Competitive technique development
- Longer distance swim
Moving criteria: If the swimmer is interested in competitive swimming, then we offer recreational swim meets (Pass Meets).