Summer 2018 KC Sharks
“2018 KC Summer Sharks”, is a fun, somewhat competitive, summer league program that starts in early March and traditionally ends the week after 4th of July. Minimal swimming skills are required. We ask that Summer Sharks commit to swimming in two of our four Dual Meets and also commit to participating in the Championship Meet, this year on July 9 and 10.
Summer Sharks has a longtime reputation as a team that provides: Expert Stroke Instruction, Fitness, Competition and Fun. We are a program that constantly encourages and teaches better swimming technique.
- Swim Team practices and private lessons begin early March! Get a head start on Summer!
- Returning Sharks (Summer or Arctic) do not need to try out! New Members, see Calendar for “TRY OUT” days and times.
- Non-Members of KC Pool are Welcome to Join Swim Team or Lessons!
- Returning Sharks, who REGISTER IN MARCH will have their ($30 per family) registration fee waived!
- Returning Sharks may start swimming in March, even before registering!
- Pre-Season swimming instruction and training in March, April, early May with Time Trial and intra-squad meet. Swimming in pre-season allows swimmers who attend camp or go on vacation for a week during the short summer season to receive the full benefit and value of the swim team experience, even when they can’t be there for every summer practice or meet!
- Season runs June through July 10. Banquet July 11 or 12.
- Summer Practices are held weekday mornings Tues. – Fri.,
- 6:40-7:55 a.m., generally High School or older summer swimmers. Sometimes very advanced younger swimmers
- 8 - 8:55 a.m. Age 11 & 12 by permission only. Generally, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6 year olds.
- 9 - 9:50 a.m. youngest and least experienced, age 5, 6, 7, 8, some 9 and 10.
- 4 dual meets on Monday or Tuesday afternoon / evenings in June and July. We have a strong, friendly rivalry with Lakewood, Royal Oaks, Canyon Creek, and Brookhaven Country Clubs in the Dallas Classic Summer Swim League.
- Awards Banquet for the whole family!
- $225 first swimmer, $200 per additional swimmer. We used to offer two months of swimming for this price. Now we are offering swimming spread over four months!
- 4 dual meets on Monday or Tuesday afternoon / evenings in June and July!
- Championship meet at indoor Loos Natatorium in Addison, July 9 (prelims) & 10 (finals).
June 4th Maxwell Creek - Home Meet (Monday)
June 11th Brookhaven CC - Away Meet (Monday)
June 19th Canyon Creek - Away Meet (Tuesday)
June 25th Lakewood CC - Home Meet (Monday)
June 30th Royal Oaks CC - Away Meet (Sat.)
- See #13 above