Please note: Due to the COVID-19 virus, Duke Diving is currently conducting practices off-campus. For more information, please contact Coach Nunzio Esposto.
New Member Information
Interested in trying out Duke Diving? We offer free trials to all new members.
1. To register for a Free Trial, please go to the registration page and register for the free trial. During the free trial, divers may be allowed to use the spring floor, trampolines, dry boards, and dive off 1 & 3 meter springboards as well as platforms. Divers will be coached by Duke Diving Staff Coaches.
2. Divers should come to their first class wearing workout clothes like shorts or leggings and a t-shirt and should have a one-piece swimsuit and towel for the pool. Long hair should be pulled back.
3. The Duke Diving facilities are located on Duke University's Campus. You may park in any Visitor lots on campus for your free trial. There are a few ungated parking spaces along Whitford Drive, as well as the Science Drive Visitor Lot and the Bryan Center Parking Deck accessible off of Science Drive. Another area for ungated parking spaces is along Frank Basset Drive. This is about a 4-minute walk to the gym, which you walk around the stadium and into the blue zone. For more information on visitor parking, visit this link: http://parking.duke.edu/parking/visitor_parking/ You can get a free weekend/evening pass by following the instructions under "About Duke Diving", "Driving Directions/Parking".
4. The Duke Diving Dryland Facilities are housed in the IM building. Please see the drop-down menu under new members for driving directions/facilities/parking for more information.
5. The Duke Diving Club uses the pool in Taishoff Aquatics Pavilion. Please see the drop-down menu under new members for driving directions/facilities/parking for more information.
After your free trial, if your child is interested in continuing lessons, please contact Nunzio Esposto for placement in a training group and a parking pass for the blue zone. There's a place for everyone!