Swim U Program
The Excel Swim U program is designed for the swimmer who is basically proficient in all four competitive strokes, but for whom the year-round team is not the right fit. This program is only for swimmers with a strong working knowledge of the four competitive strokes.
These are not swim lessons. Swimmers in these groups should have previous swimming experience and be very familiar with all four competitive strokes. They should be able to swim one lap of each stroke legally. We will continue to refine the strokes, but will not be in a position to teach them to someone with no previous knowledge of them. If your swimmer needs to learn one or all of the four strokes, then please look at the Swim School classes available.
Each site sets up it's Swim U sessions differently based on available coaches and lane space. Please check the specific schedule in the Online Registration System for your desired location. General timeframes are listed below.
The Spring 2018 session will run as follows:
The main focus of this session will be to prepare swimmers for the upcoming summer league season.
- Swim U Sr. (Age 11 -14) - Feb 6 - May 18, T/Th/F 6:30-7:30pm
- Swim U Jr. (Age 10 and under) - Feb 5 - May 18, M/W 6:30-7:15pm; F 5:30-6:15pm
Registration opened on January 1st at 7:00am and will remain open until Feb 4th. Spots are limited and will fill very quickly.
Both groups will not swim at all during WCS Spring Break, 3/26-3/30. There might be a few other days that practice will be canceled due to pool closures, and you will be notified as they arise.
There will not be a Swim U session at this location in the Spring.
The Spring sessions will run as follows:
- Middle School - Jan 9 - March 23, Saturday 1:00-2:00pm
- Middle School - April 3 - May 19, Saturday 1:00-2:00pm
- Beginner (11 & Under) - Jan 9 - March 23, Tues or Thurs 6:15-7:00pm
- Beginner (11 & Under) - April 3 - May 19, Tues or Thurs 6:15-7:00pm
- Intermediate (11 & Under) - Jan 9 - March 23, Tues or Thurs 7:00-7:45pm
- Intermediate (11 & Under) - April 3 - May 19, Tues or Thurs 7:00-7:45pm
The Spring session will run as follows:
- Ages 6 and Under - March 19 - May 18 at Sportscom
- Ages 7-10 - March 19 - May 18 at Sportscom
- Ages 11 and Up - March 19 - May 18 at Sportscom
All groups will swim on M/W/F from 4:00-5:00pm. Registration is now open.