RED CROSS LIFEGUARDING CLASS
Dates and Times:
Central Park Pool
415 W. Richmond Ave, Peoria, IL 61604
Provide entry-level participants the knowledge and skills to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies and to provide care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries and sudden illnesses until EMS personnel take over.
- Minimum age: 15
- Swim 300 yards continuously
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs
- Complete a timed event in under 1 minute, 40 seconds: Starting in the water swim 20 yards then surface dive underwater to retrieve a 10-pound object, then return to the surface and swim 20 yards on your back to return to the starting point. Must exit the water without using a ladder.
- All materials needed for the course will be given to you on the first day.
- Class will be made up of 9 lessons and 2 tests; a 40 question CPR/first aid test and a 35 question lifeguarding test. Must receive a score of 80% or higher on each test to pass.
- Class size is limited to 8 participants, so sign up quickly!!
To sign up for either class, please call or text instructor Coleton Schrock at 309-678-0366 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org. He will then give you more information regarding the class.