The Developmental Team is our learn-to-swim program. The practices will be two times a week for 45 minutes. The swimmers must be comfortable in the water (no crying or screaming) and be able and willing to hold onto the wall, or sit on the side of the pool while the instructor is working with another swimmer. Swimmers must be toilet trained.
Beginning (levels 1-3) swimmers will learn to do the following:
- Submerge mouth, eyes, and nose.
- Exhale under water.
- Float on front and back.
- Roll from front to back.
- Flutter kick with a kick board.
- Flutter kick streamline on back.
- Basic freestyle stroke cycle.
- Basic backstroke stroke cycle.
- Jump into pool, turn around, swim back to the wall and climb out of pool on own.
Advanced (levels 4-5) swimmers will learn to do the following:
- Streamline on front and back off the wall.
- Breathe to the side.
- All 4 basic stroke skills (arm and leg actions).
- Basic dives.
- Flip turns and touch turns.
Monthly Team Fee:
- $70 (group swim lesson)/$100 (private swim lesson)
Group Swim Lesson Session Dates and Times:
- April 4:15-5:00 pm and 5:00-5:45 pm on Tuesday/Thursday
- May 4:15-5:00 pm on Tuesday/Thursday
- June 9:00-9:45 am or 4:15-5:00 pm on Tuesday/Thursday
- July 9:00-9:45 am or 4:15-5:00 pm on Tuesday/Thursday
Private Swim Lesson Session Dates and Times:
- June 10:00-10:30 am on Tuesday/Thursday
- July 10:00-10:30 am on Tuesday/Thursday
Developmental Team Registration
Developmental Team registration will be held on the dates and times listed below at Danville High School(enter in door #17). Please bring your swimmer(s) prepared to get in the water the evening you register, this will help with finding the correct group placement. You may print off the registration forms that are listed below to speed up the registration process that evening or forms will be available for you to complete.
March 15th from 6:00-7:30 pm
March 17th from 9:00-11:00 am
April 7th from 9:00-11:00 am
May 10th from 6:00-7:00 pm
The following forms will be provided at registration, but to speed up the process you can download, fill out, and bring to the registration site: