New Hartford Aquatics Learn-to-Swim hires CPR/Lifeguard certified instructors all with a background in swimming. Following Red Cross designated levels, our lessons begin with basic swim and water safety skills. Progressing through the levels, swimmers will learn all four strokes as each skill and technique taught is refined. Beginning in Levels 5 and 6 swimmers are introduced to Competitive Swimming.
Our lessons are taught in a group lesson format with an average ratio of 5:1. Each swimmer is guaranteed individual attention and specific instruction as needed. Each instructor is certified by The Red Cross in CPR/First Aid/Water Safety Instructor, and the majority compete at the Varsity and USA Swimming Levels.
- No prerequisite skills. Open to swimmers ages 3-5.
- Beginner Level - The objective of Level One is to help students feel comfortable in the water and to enjoy the water safely. Students will learn elementary water skills which they can build on as they progress through the various levels.
- Level two begins to build upon elementary water skills. Students will learn to coordinate front and back crawl and the be introduced to elementary backstroke.
- Level three develops confidence in stokes learned thus far and to improve other aquatic skills. Students will be introduced to breaststroke. Students will begin swimming in deep water and begin the progression of diving skills.
- Level four begins an emphasis on coordination, use of rotary breathing, along with fundamental skills of breaststroke and sidestroke.
- Level five begins an emphasis on coordination and refinement of key strokes. Students will be introduced to butterfly and flip-turns.
- The objective of Level Six is to polish strokes so students swim with more ease, efficiency, power, and smoothness over greater distances.
For more information about the New Hartford Aquatics Learn-to-Swim Program, please use the informational tabs under "Learn-to-Swim"
If you have any further questions feel free to contact our coaches at email@example.com
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK - New Hartford Aquatics Learn-to-Swim