REGISTRATION WILL OPEN ON MARCH 11th @ noon for all TALLYN's REACH RESIDENCE & PREVIOUS 2017 TEAM MEMBERS.
WHO CAN JOIN - TEAM REQUIREMENTS:
- We are looking for kiddos between the ages of 5 – 18 years old by June 2, 2018.
- Live in the Tallyn’s Reach Community or surrounding areas
- They must be “water safe” and can make it the entire way down a 25 meter pool, unassisted. They can stop on the side of the pool or lane line and even doggy paddle is fine…It doesn’t have to be pretty, we will work and improve all that. They don’t even need to know multiple strokes, they will have all kinds of opportunities to learn and improve all 4 strokes, starts/dives, turns, etc. throughout the summer season.
- Each Family MUST be willing to Volunteer at Meets, and/or at variety of other activities/duties/contributions. This sport is like NO OTHER and it doesn’t work without the family commitment. We REQUIRE EVERY FAMILY to Volunteer a Minimum of 7 shifts and it’s usually works out to be more like 9+ when the season is all said and done (NO EXECPTIONS). You can find the Volunteer Job Descriptions on the website, and determine the kind of job that you would like to work. Jobs are based on availability, however, and sign-ups will occur during the season, so look for more sign-up information when the season starts.
- Each swimmer is REQUIRED to purchase a TEAM SUIT. This is their team uniform just like in other sports and they will not be allowed to compete without one. (We'll be e-mailing team members information on where & when after registration)
- ABLE to compete in a minimum of 2 Dual Meets and in Prelims/Championships the week in July (2018 MEET SCHEDULE HERE). Yes it is ok to miss a meet or two… and just like anything else, you get what you put into it. The more you and your family make the better your summer swim team experience will be without exception.
- Able to make a minimum of 2 practices a week and again shoot for 5 days a week for the best experience and most improvement.
- Ready to have FUN, FUN, FUN! Yes this is a requirement! Don’t get me wrong, we will be teaching your kiddos some mad skills and we take that seriously! We have a ton of fun in the process! So if your kiddo is willing to try new things, be silly, eat donuts on Mondays, enjoy random candy treats, make new friends of all ages, learn about good sportsmanship, able to give high fives & random fist pumps, and so much more….
FEES & DISCOUNTS:
The 2018 membership fees are: ***PLEASE NOTE that we have changed registration cost to include your Team Suit.
- $245 for the first swimmer 14 and under ($270 if you register after April 1st)
- $220 for each additional swimmer 14 and under. ($245 if you register after April 1st)
- Swimmer(s)15 or older pay $165 each ($190 if you register after April 1st)
There are scholarships available for those families in need. The Scholarship Guidelines & Scholarship Applications are located in the Documents section of this web-site.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR REGISTRATION:
- Please keep track of your User Name and Password. If you are new to the team, you will need to create an account during the registration process. Your login information will be used throughout the season to access to manage your volunteer shifts and enter your swimmers in the dual meet.
- MHSL INSURANCE WAIVER: Your membership on the team will not be approved unless you agree to the insurance waiver during registration.
- TEAM T-SHIRTS: All swimmers will receive a Team T-shirt at no additional cost. When in doubt, order a size larger (For 2018 it's a 65/35 poly/cotton). There will be no exchanges of t-shirts for incorrect sizing.
- CREDIT CARD: We only accept Visa and Mastercard. If you do not have a credit card, please go to your bank or local grocery store and purchase a gift card to cover the fees.
- REFUND POLICY: Refunds will be issued, as required, by arrangement with our Treasurer, Colleen Bryan.
- Any questions during the registration process, please contact Jon Pierce @ email@example.com.
- Make sure you print or save a copy of your Registration Receipt for your records.
We are looking forward to another wonderful season with lots of fun and good competition for our swimmers. If you have any questions or comments about registering for the upcoming season, please at the e-mail listed below. You may also feel free to reach out to any Sharks Board member at any time and they are happy to assist.
Want to join the Tallyn's Tiger Sharks and have some questions:
Question about our Web-site: