We are excited you are interested in joining The Seahawks.
We are sure you have many questions. We will attempt to answer them here. Please also feel free to email us at email@example.com or call me at 618-670-6141.
Is the swim team for my child?
Swimming is the best sport ever and is for everyone! The winter season for the Seahawks is the short course season (swimming in a 25yd pool) and is good for everyone wanting to continue swimming over the fall,winter and spring. The summer season for the Seahawks is a long course season where meets are swum in a 50m pool. If your child has swum on a swim team for more than one year, then they could be ready for the long course summer season. If your child has never swum on a team before, then we encourage them to join a local summer league team that swims in a 25 yard or 25 meter pool.
When will practice start?
PRACTICES START MONDAY 14 AUG FOR ALL SQUADS EXCEPT FOR EARLY BIRD SQUAD. Early bird squad will start 28 Aug, 2017.
What does my swimmer need on a daily basis?
- Swim suit (Boys in a jammer or speedo, Girls in a one piece competitive suit),
- Goggles (have an extra pair in your swimmer's bag for when straps or nose pieces break)
- Cap (an extra cap in bag) for swimmers with long hair or hair that will fall over a swimmer's goggles while swimming, or mouth while taking a breath.
- Equipment stated below
What equipment will my swimmer need?
- Preteam and squad 1: Water bottle.
- Squad 2: Water bottle, Finis zoomers (or short fin speedo for those with really small feet).
- Squad 3, 4, Age Group, Early bird, National, and National Elite: Water bottle, Finis zoomers, and Finis hand paddles (yellow), equipment bag to hold equipment. Kickboard and pull buoy are optional.
Please ask the coaches if you have any questions. We are in the process of organizing either a sponsorship, or a distributor to give us a discount on the equipment so please dont' purchase anything yet.
Do I have to stay at the pool while my child is training?
No, you do not have to stay at the pool while your child is training. You can workout, run an errand, or run home to cook dinner. It is important you have your contact info updated in case we need to get a hold of you.
Will practice be stopped or canceled for a lightning storm?
No, the pool is grounded and safe during lightning storms. Recent studies have even shown that it is more dangerous to clear swimmers from an indoor pool, as they then tend to injure themselves as they run to their cars in the parking lot. If there is a tornado or other inclement weather, we will activate the emergency action plan of the Metro Rec Plex and work to keep your children as safe as we can.