Intro Coaching Positions Available 2018-19 Season
Required Qualifications and Skills
- NCCP Level 1 Certified
- Current NLS & Standard First Aid with CPR-C
- Ability to communicate well with children of all ages and adults
- One year coaching experience an asset
- Energetic, reliable and responsible team player with a strong work ethic.
Expectations & Duties
- Directly responsible for a group of swimmers and will develop an age appropriate program that meets the group and individual needs and achieves benchmarks as set out by the Head Coach or Designate.
- Report to and work cooperatively with the Head Coach/Designate regarding the progress of the swimmers.
- Attend all coach meetings, training and skills sessions and NYAC events throughout the year.
- Some administrative work will be required suchasmaintaining attendance, recording and tracking swimmer progress and times.
- Please send your cover letter and resume via email to Heather Bruce no later than August 27, 2018 at firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Administrator/Policy and Documentation Specialist
North York Aquatic Club is a nonprofit competitive swim club based out of the Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre. A contract position is open for an office administrator to work in the NYAC office full time for a period of 1 year. The position will report directly to the board of directors executive committee and comprise of the following duties:
prepare policy and procedure documentation as directed by the board of directors
shadow current office staff to help understand procedures/tasks and document them, in line with policy.
lead Club Excellence documentation requirements
attend and prepare board documents, including agendas and minutes of meetings.
other administration as required
marketing activity to determine availability of sponsorship opportunities for the club
working with key management team to support development of new website enhance marketing of club and communication to its membership community.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, or similar software
- Good written and oral communication skills and inter-personal skills
- Familiarity with nonprofit, government or sports clubs is an asset
- Familiarity with marketing and promotional activities an asset but not required
- Attention to detail
- Be able to attend and sometimes present at board meetings.