Thank you for your interest in the Colorado Springs Racquet Club Hurricanes! The goal of our team is to provide every member an opportunity to improve their swimming skills and achieve success at his or her level of ability, from novice to state qualifier.
Registration will open on our team website on April 15, 2022.
· Optional Pre-Season Practices start May 16, a few afternoons a week, weather and facility-availability permitting.
· Regular Season Practices start on Tuesday, May 31, and continue through the Seasonal State Swim meet on August 5, 6, and 7. Swimmers who do not attend the state meet will conclude the season with the Pikes Peak Swim League Championships on July 23-24.
· Full meet schedule found here.
· Ages 13 and up (and younger swimmers by coach invitation)
o 7-9 am Monday through Friday, except for meet days
o On Mondays and Thursdays, the first part of practice will be dryland while the pool is being vacuumed
o All swimmers in this group are responsible for taking off the pool covers, putting in lane lines, and getting out all equipment for practice.
· Ages 5 to 12
o 9-10:30 am Monday through Friday, except for meet days
o All swimmers in this group are responsible for taking out the lane lines and putting away all equipment.
· Members of the Colorado Springs Racquet Club: $200 team fee per swimmer for the summer, includes USA Swimming Registration. Does not include meet fees for invitational and championship meets. Information about club membership can be found here.
· Non-members: $300 team fee per swimmer for the summer, includes USA Swimming Registration. Does not include meet fees for invitational and championship meets.
· Meets are optional, but encouraged.
· Swimmers/families choose the events to swim at meets, with coach input.
· Dual/triangular meets have no entry fees. Invitational and championship meets will have additional fees charged. Details can be found by clicking on each meet title here.
· Swimmers must qualify in a regular season meet to attend the seasonal state meet in Cortez, CO. State qualifying times will be posted on the team website as soon as they are released by Colorado Swimming, Inc. Details to reserve your hotel room for state are included here.
· Like most youth sports, we rely on parent volunteers to keep us running! We ask each family to contribute either 10 hours of volunteer service or $100 to the team each season. There are a wide variety of ways to fulfill volunteer hours, both on and off of the pool deck.
· We desperately need parents to volunteer to be officials! The team will cover all expenses associated with becoming an official, and trainings will be announced as they become available. If you are interested in officiating, please let me know ASAP!
· Swimmer Expectations
· Parent Expectations
· Emergency Response Plan
Please let me know if I can answer additional questions!
Parent Board President
Colorado Springs Racquet Club Swim Team
719-290-7272 (text or call)