2017 – 2018 Fee, Registration and Practice Information:
- $55, $60, $65/month for bronze, silver, gold, respectively + YMCA membership/month – No billing of any fees until September, except the registration fee (see next bullet below)
- $25 Nonrefundable Registration Fee when you register in August- This will then be applied to your first month of swim team fees in September
- Register at the Registration Party August 6th to be entered to win 1 of 2 free 3-month family YMCA memberships!
- If you cannot register at the Registration Party on August 6th, you may register during evaluations the week of August 21 (see times below)-You MUST be registered to participate in evaluations
- Evaluations: all registered swimmers must come to just 1 session:
- Monday, August 21st: 4:30 pm – 6 pm
- Tuesday, August 22nd: 4:30 pm – 6 pm
- Wednesday, August 23rd: 4:30 pm – 6 pm
- Thursday, August 24th: 6 pm – 8 pm
- Aug 28 – Sept 10 is pool shutdown and new fans are being installed
- Practices will begin on TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 12th
- Practice shell will be 4 pm – 8:15ish pm with 2 practices every night except Wednesday (only 1 practice on Wednesdays). We will know exact times once we have a better idea the size of the team and the breakdown into groups, etc.
- If you have a football player, or a cross country runner or another fall sport player and will not begin swimming until October or November, register in August and pay the registration fee ($25) and participate in evaluations. When you register, tell the Y what month your athlete will start swimming. The fees (swim team and Y membership) will not begin until the month you begin swimming and the $25 registration fee will be taken off that first month of swimming as well. We hope this meets the needs of our multi-sport athletes, while “holding” a place on the team and helping the Y to know the number of swimmers!
- ALL SWIMMERS MUST BE REGISTERED AND SWIMMING BY NOVEMBER 30, 2017!! NO EXCEPTION OR YOU CANNOT SWIM IN AREA
- IF YOU ARE COMMITTED TO CMTY RIPTIDE ON NOVEMBER 30th, YOU ARE COMMITTING TO SWIMMING THE REMAINDER OF THE SEASON, THROUGH AREA IN MARCH, AND PAYING ALL APPLICABLE FEES THROUGH THE END OF THE SEASON IN MARCH
Apparel and Team Suits:
Apparel orders will begin by the first practice in September
Our previous team suit is now longer available (it has been discontinued, so there is limited stock), we are working quickly to pick a new team suit so you can order well before our first meet
Our meet schedule will look very similar to last year’s meet schedule. This can still be found under the “calendar” tab on the website. The Area meeting that decides all of the meets is not until the end of August.
August 19, 2017 9 am – 2 pm: Car Wash, sign-ups on website shortly
United Way Black Out September and October (no fundraising allowed)
Items the Board has Purchased for the Upcoming Season:
- GoPro Underwater Camera and Monitor for real-time feedback about technique/strokes
- 6 new fans for the pool deck (we split the price with the YMCA)
- Daktronics Starter with tripod mount
- New stopwatches
- Whiteboard for tracking progress on stroke technique
- We will be buying some extra fins/paddles/pull-buoys, etc.
Ways to Connect:
on the home page of the website
WE WANT YOU!!
Are you interested in becoming more involved with the team? Our CMTY Riptide Swim Parent Board would love to hear from you. We meet 1x/month. Please contact any Board member for more information (under the “Our Coaches” button on the home screen, at the bottom after you hit the button)