Senior Bronze & Silver Contract
Senior swimmers are expected to do everything within their power to reach their own personal potential. Also, advancement to Senior-Gold will not be considered unless the Senior requirements are met.
The following expectations and guidelines are set forth by the Head coach. Each swimmer and parent must sign and return this contract to the Head Coach no later than the end of September!!!
1. Attend a minimum of 70% of practices and the swimmer communicate the reasons for missing more than 70%. Each and every practice is a necessary component for success as a senior swimmer.
Senior level swimmers should begin to choose their main sport and limit outside sport activities besides high school swimming or head coach approved training. Attendance rules may be adjusted due to other issues (ex. injury) as determined by the Head Coach.
2. Arrive to practice on time (or explain why you cannot make it on time) and have a positive attitude.
3. Train at or above a level appropriate for current experience and speed.
4. Learn their swim times for each event and know the 25 yard and 50 yard splits for training.
5. Foster a healthy coach-athlete relationship.
At the senior level, the swimming relationship between the coach/athlete must be developed with parent guidance in order for the swimmer to reach an appropriate stage of autonomy for their age. The individual who has the most influence of the athlete’s success is the ATHLETE. Parental involvement and guidance at the senior level should be that of fostering and nurturing swimmer/coach goal-setting and decision making to attain the highest possible level of success for each swimmer.
6. Live lifestyle appropriate for achieving greatest personal success.
Senior swimmers must maintain appropriate nutrition, as well as abstain from the use of drugs, alcohol, and tobacco products.
7. Consider attending all competitions recommended by Head Coach.
8. Participate in various events (every distance) prescribed by Head Coach.
Wear a team suit and team cap to all swim meets and be involved with team cheers.
9. Conduct yourself with honor and selflessness at all competitions regardless of Circumstances.
10. Be active in club fundraising whether actual fundraising or buyout to support the team.
All senior level swimmers should participate in the Swim-a-thon and support the team.
11. Maintain good grades in school and realize when you need to focus more on your school work, even if it interferes with training. Communicate this need with the head coach.
Sanctions: Failure to meet the above expectations may result in revocation of the privilege of Senior membership.