If you have navigated to this page you are either a certified official looking for recertification courses or you are trying to find out whether you would like to become an official yourself.
Want to become an official? We are always looking to recruit new officials. Why would you want to become an official? Here are the Top 10 answers:
10. There is no pay but…
9. No entry fee either.
8. Free meet program, free food and oh yes...
7. Sometimes a free pen is thrown in.
6. Additional bonus, just in case we forgot, no pay but…
5. We cannot run meets without officials.
4. You will be working with the greatest group of volunteers.
3. You can keep in contact with your swimmer.
2. New friends, old friends, it’s a great way to socialize. Did we mention no pay?
And the number one reason to become an official....
1. It’s the best “seat” in the house!
Introducing your 2017-2018 FOBY Swim Officials. Heroes unite!!
Upcoming Meet Assignments:
Saturday, June 8th & Sunday, June 9th
|Session #1 (Fri 11/O Challenge): TBD
|Session #2 (Sat AM 11/12 B; 13/14 B/G): TBD
|Session #3 (Sat Mid 10/U B/G; 11/12 G): TBD
|Session #4 (Sat PM 15/O): TBD
|Session #5 (Sun AM 11/12 B; 13/14 B/G): TBD
|Session #6 (Sun Mid 10/U B/G; 11/12 G): Srini Chandupatla
|Session #7 (Sun PM 15/O): TBD
Starter and Referee Clinic:
There will be a clinic held at the Freehold YMCA at 4:30 PM on Saturday, April 28th for any YMCA Level II Swim Official looking to learn to be a starter and referee. This clinic is mandatory for any USA Swim Officials looking to become a Level 3 (Starter) or Level 1 (Referee).