Greenfield Community Aquatic Team now offers a FlexSwim Program for those not quite ready for the competitive swim program.
Our session based schedule allows for a shorter commitment. This program allows for the freedom to do multiple activities. The parents will choose the number of days a week your swimmer attends class. There are no monthly fees. Your session cost is a per class fee x the number of days a week chosen x the number of weeks in the session. Your level of commitment is your decision. There will be a $50 registration fee per year. The club year runs from September - August.
We offer 3 groups for the Flex Swim Program.
- Cougar Cubs
- Monday - Thursday 6:15 - 6:45 pm
- Monday - Thursday 6:15 - 7:00 pm
- Monday - Thursday 7:00 - 8:00 pm
GCAT does have minimum requirements for the Flex Swim program and for each group.
A swimmer must be able to complete a 25-yard legal Freestyle and 25-yard legal Backstroke.
Not sure what a legal Freestyle and legal Backstroke look like. Here are a few of the minimum requirements for each of the 2 strokes:
- Face must remain in the water during strokes until the breath.
- Breathing is done to the side without stopping your arm stroke or lifting the head.
- Arms must recover over the water.
- Both arms must be straight and must recover over the water.
- Swimmer must be able to remain on their back for the entire length of the pool.
- Swimmer must be able to keep face above the surface of the water.
If your swimmer is not quite ready, GCAT offers a swim lesson program. Click here for more details on our swim lesson program. https://www.teamunify.com/TabGeneric.jsp?_tabid_=157871&team=ingcat
We will hold try-outs for all new members to the Flex Swim program.
2019 Flex Swim Summer Session Dates:
Session 1 - 6 week session beginning September 9th - October 31st
(2 weeks off over fall break, October 7th - October 18th)
Session 2 - 6 week session beginning November 4th - December 19th
(1 week off over Thanksgiving, November 25th - November 29th)
Session 3 - 6 week session beginning January 6th - Februrary 13th
Each session will end with a GCAT Time Trial meet that all swimmers will be invited to participate.
Warm-ups for the Time Trial will be from 6:00 - 6:30 and the meet will begin shortly after. Meet should conclude by 8:00 pm.
Click this link to Register today. https://www.teamunify.com/SwimLessons.jsp?team=ingcat