DSMY Aqua Stars Artistic "Synchronized" Swimming Team
The Aqua Stars are a competitive synchronized swimming team open to boys and girls ages 6 to 19 years old. We offer multiple levels with specific training groups.
Swimmers on the team are required to be YMCA facility members.
Practice site location: Wellmark YMCA, 501 Grand Ave, Des Moines, IA 50309.
New Season begins September 12, 2021
Tryouts for NEW swimmers: (returning swimmers from previous seasons do not need to tryout). Meet the coaches, have your training group and swim level assessed (25 yard swim, 1 minute treading water) and basic drills/skills.
Prior to attending a tryout session, please email Coach Jennifer Ledbury
Fall-Winter-Spring 2021-22 Season Information
- Fall Session:
- TWO practices per week
- SUNDAY (REQUIRED)
- Age Group levels 1 & 2: 10:30-11:45 a.m.
- Intermediate Levels 1 & 2: 11:30-12:45 p.m.
- Novice (New swimmers ages 6-10): 12:45-1:45 p.m.
- MONDAY or WEDNESDAY: 7:15-8:30 p.m.
- NEW Beginner class - 4 & 5 year olds
- Equipment needed: an all black swim suit for the show, suit of choice for practice, multiple nose plugs and goggles (optional).
- Aqua Stars Team Store: Elsmore Swim Shop
- Sunday, November 21, 2021 Fall/Winter Show
- The Aqua Stars will be registered as a team with USA Synchronized Swimming. Intermediate Plus and Age Group team members will be required to have a USA Synchro membership.
- Goal: Team work and duets.
Head Coach: Jennifer Ledbury
Assistant Coaches: Mari Mineck, Morgan Spellman
DSMY closed Facebook group:
Join, follow and celebrate the DSMY swim team members, moments and events through our closed Facebook group. Request to join: DSMY Aqua Stars Members & Families.