-Learn to Swim-
Our program is designed to:
1) Improve your child's swimming ability.
2) Increase your child's confidence and independence in the water.
3) Alert your child to safety issues in aquatic environments.
4) Prepare your child for entry into the world of competitive swimming.
*Classes are appropriate for swimmers age 4 and older.
Location: BNL High School Pool
Dates: (Lessons are Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 5:30 - 6:15)
SESSION 1: March 19, 21, 23, 26, 28, 30
SESSION 2: April 2, 4, 6, 9, 11, 13
SESSION 3: April 16, 18, 20, 23, 25, 27
EACH SESSION HAS LIMITED OPENINGS SO REGISTER TODAY!
1) Email Victoria Gabhart at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) Or stop by the pool during any regular LCA practice. (Team Calendar)
-Ask for Victoria Gabhart or head coach Adam Young.
***Final registration will be March 12-15 @ BNL Pool between 6 and 7:30 PM
Level 1: An intro to water safety and basics of swimming. Floating on your back and front. Blowing bubbles in the water, submerging face, supported kick and supported arm motions and treading water.
Level 2: Learning to submerge and retrieve an object, front crawl for 10 yards, basic arm motions, streamline kick, backstroke arms, intro to side breathing and seated dives.
Level 3: Mastery of front crawl, Learn drills in order to fine tune back stroke and front crawl, streamline push offs, head first diving, swim 25 yards of front crawl and backstroke without stopping.
We want to make this a beneficial and rewarding experience. We believe that parents play an important role in accomplishing those objectives. Your approach as a parent can help your child have a fun and positive experience. The following are policies and procedures for getting the most out of swim lessons. If you have any questions about these policies please speak with the Program Coordinator.
-There are no make up sessions.
-Seasonal USA swimming membership is included free of charge for those signing up for 2 or 3
1) Please make sure that your child is ready for class (dressed, on deck, restroom, goggles etc.) prior to the start of lessons.
2) It is important that the instructor develop a strong leadership role with the class. This will enable the instructor to conduct an orderly and disciplined class as well as enhance each student's confidence as they progress. We encourage parents to watch the lessons from the bleachers. If you child is misbehaving please let the instructor handle the situation unless the instructor or program coordinator asks for your help.
3) Instructors will take disciplinary action when a swimmer is unsafe or does not respect the instructors or other swimmers.
4) Instructors will be available for 15 minutes prior to first class to answer any questions and deal with any concerns. Please save your questions and comments for this time. We encourage you to communicate directly with your child's instructor. If you have any concerns that you feel you cannot discuss with your child's instructor please contact the Program Coordinator or LCA head coach Adam Young.
5) Although goggles are optional we strongly encourage you to find a youth pair for your child. Goggles are helpful because children tend to focus on the water getting on their face and in their eyes. Goggles are a useful tool to encourage children to explore the underwater environment. Youth goggle can be purchased at local sporting goods stores or directly from us.
6) Students can only make a certain amount of progress within the given class time. The practicing of skills is crucial to your child's mastery of those skills. We strongly encourage parents to take an active interest in the skills learned by their child. When possible assist your child in practicing these skills during open swim times at local pools.
The entry level of competitive swim team experience in Lawrence County Aquatics is the Minnows group which corresponds to Level 2 of our lessons. Level 3 swimmers may be, depending on skill strength, ready for Red group. Please feel free to ask your instructor or program coordinator if they feel they would be ready for either of these groups.