Spartan Pride Water Polo 2018
Practices for the Spartan Pride Water Polo HS teams will begin the week of March 19th. The high school (male only) ,14 and under co-ed novice, and 12 and under co-ed novice teams will compete in the Main Line Spring League. This league is part of American Water Polo.
Matt DelRio – Assistant coach LaSalle College High School, 2009 Pennsylvania All-State player
Ben Mancini – Captain of Washington and Jefferson Men’s team, former Assistant Springfield coach
Thomas Dougherty - 2017 Pennsylvania All-State Player, captain LaSalle HS water polo team
Robbie Koch – 2017 Pennsylvania All-State Player, captain Springfield HS water polo team
Carly Lorusso – 2017 Pennsylvania All-State Player and SHS girls captain
High School Level – The boys high school teams will practice Monday and Wednesday from 3:30-5:30pm at the Springfield High School Pool.The teams will compete in 8 games spread out from mid-March until mid-May. Typically two games are held on either a Saturday or Sunday in the two month season. Most, but not all games are held at North Penn or Wilson HS. This year SAC will not be sponsoring a HS Girls team, but HS girls may practice with the HS Boys for a reduced fee.
14 and under Co-ed Novice Level – All 13 and 14 year olds can compete on this co-ed team. These players will practice Mondays and Wednesdays from 5:45-7:15pm. The teams will compete in 6 games spread out from mid-March until mid-May. Typically two games are held on either a Saturday or Sunday in the two month season. All games are held at either North Penn HS, Wilson HS (West Lawn, Pa) or Princeton University.
12 and under Co-ed Novice Level - This team will be comprised of any player 12,11,10,9 year olds. The only requirement is that we ask a prospective player be able to swim one length of the pool with ease. The goal of this program is to teach younger players the rules, strategies, and techniques of water polo. It’s a great way to keep kids active in the water and stay in shape going into the summer season. Practice will be Mondays and Wednesdays from 5:45-7:15pm. This team will be paired with competition on their Novice level during game weekends. Typically, two games are held on either a Saturday or Sunday in the two month season. Most, games are held at North Penn or Princeton University. Also, inter-squad scrimmages will be utilized during the week to advance players’ skills.
STEPS FOR SPARTAN PRIDE REGISTRATION
- All athletes need to sign up or renew their membership with American Water Polo. If you are not FIRST signed up with AWP, you cannot play in any games due to insurance reasons. This can be done through credit card or check. Membership with AWP include:
Liability insurance $2,000,000/$3,000,000
Secondary medical accident insurance
Annual reward for individual members (tshirt, water bottle, etc)
- Simply go to AWP Membership Page https://americanwaterpolo.org/join-now/
- Click on Individual Athletes (your choice of credit card or check)
- Fill out form with payment – Scholastic Athlete only $50.00
- Our Club Name – Spartan Pride (PA)
- Go to Springfield Aquatic Club and register your child for either the HS, 14 and under novice, or 12 and under novice team. Complete the on-line registration and submit payment with credit or check card.
Due to insurance purposes, a player must be registered with SAC before they begin practice.No exceptions