By enrolling in a class online, by phone, or in the office, you authorize the Learn to Swim Program to charge your credit card on file every month until you submit an electronic cancellation form according to our cancellation policy. Monthly tuition is charged to the card on file on the 1st of every month for the current month's classes. If you enroll mid-month, your first month's tuition will be prorated based on the number of classes remaining that month. The monthly tuition may vary due to pool closures, events, swim school breaks, rejected accounts, etc. Santa Clara Swim Club agrees to give 30-days’ notice to customers in the event of a rate change.
By enrolling in a camp online, by phone, or in the office, you authorize the Learn to Swim Program to charge your card on file for the full price of the camp, regardless of your attendance, unless you submit a cancellation form with at least one week’s notice from the start date of the camp.
We do not offer make-ups, refunds or credits for lessons that you do not attend for any reason.
In order to enroll in a class or add to a waiting list, all accounts are required to post a VISA or Mastercard debit or credit card. You may choose to pay with check or cash, but you understand that your card on file may be charged if we do not receive another form of payment by the 1st of the month.
We charge an annual registration fee in the amount of $60 per student. This fee is automatically charged to all students with active enrollments on the first business day in January of each year. If you have not paid the registration fee for the current year, it will be charged along with your first month’s tuition at the time of enrollment. The registration fee may not show in your cart if you enroll online, but will be assessed by our office when we review all new enrollments. Registration fees are valid for the current calendar year only.
Due to our strict student to teacher ratio, missed classes will not result in make-up classes, prorated tuition, or refunds. If you do not attend your scheduled class or camp for any reason, we do not offer makeups. Your tuition pays to reserve your spot in a class or camp, regardless of your attendance.
WE SWIM RAIN OR SHINE!
We are a year-round program. We do not cancel classes or offer credits for cold or rainy weather.
To cancel a class, please CLICK HERE and complete the electronic cancellation form. The form is also available on the cancellation tab of the swim school homepage. This form must be submitted by the 15th of the month for cancellation at the end of the month. We do not accept cancellations via phone call or in person. There are no exceptions. All cancellations must be submitted using the online form linked above for record keeping purposes. If you have any issues with the cancellation form, please email [email protected].
- Class tuition is charged on the 1st of every month for the entirety of that month. If you cancel your class, then your enrollment will not auto-renew and you will not be charged tuition on the 1st of the following month. Your enrollment will remain active for the rest of the current month. We do not cancel any classes mid-month unless it is for a medical cancellation.
- All cancellations must be submitted no later than the 15th of the month in order to cancel at the end of that month. If you submit your cancellation after the 15th of the month, your class will renew for one more month and will be cancelled at the end of the following month.
- If it is past the 15th of the month and you would still like to cancel at the end of this month, you may opt to pay the late cancellation fee when you submit your cancellation form. The late cancellation fee is 50% of your monthly tuition. We do not automatically charge the late fee. We must be notified before the end of the month if you would like to pay the late fee. Once your enrollment is renewed on the 1st of the month, it is no longer possible to cancel any classes for that month.
- We allow immediate medical cancellations if your doctor advises that you stop swimming. A doctor's note is required for the cancellation to process. We will cancel your class effective the date that we receive your doctor's note and credit your account for any remaining classes in the month. Your credit must be used within one year. Once your enrollment has been cancelled, your spot in the class will not be saved. There will be no credits for classes that took place before we received your doctor's note. We do not offer refunds for medical cancellations.
Please note: We do not take attendance in our classes. If your student stops attending class, your class will not automatically cancel. Monthly tuition will continue to charge regardless of attendance. The only way to stop billing is to CLICK HERE and submit our cancellation form.
To cancel a camp, please CLICK HERE to complete the electronic cancellation form. All camps must be cancelled with a minimum of one week notice before the start date of the camp. Once your cancellation has been processed, your account will be issued a swim school credit that will expire in one year. We do not offer refunds for camp cancellations. If you have any issues with the cancellation form, please email [email protected]. Cancellations submitted with less than one week before the start of the camp will not be accepted. Medical cancellations are the only exception. A doctor’s note must be submitted with the electronic cancellation form. We will cancel the camp from the date the note is received and issue a swim school credit for the remainder of the camp. There will be no credits for any portion of the camp that took place before the doctor’s note was submitted. Medical cancellations will not be considered without a doctor’s note.
CLASS SCHEDULE AND SWIM SCHOOL CLOSURES
Our program runs year-round. We have a calendar of closures posted on our website. Please follow this link and click on the box that says calendar to see our most up to date version. Be sure to confirm that you are checking the calendar according to your class title, as location changes may differ depending on which class you are enrolled in. All monthly tuition will be prorated for planned closures and holidays. Swim school credits will be issued for any unplanned closures or cancellations that may occur.
- We guarantee 4 lessons per month for our once per week classes. If we offer less than 4 classes in a month, we will issue a swim school credit to your account. We do not offer any credits or refunds for classes that take place, but you choose not to attend.
- We guarantee 8 lessons per month for our twice per week classes. If we offer less than 8 classes in a month, we will issue a swim school credit to your account. We do not offer any credits or refunds for classes that take place, but you choose not to attend.
- We guarantee 12 lessons per month for our thrice per week classes. If we offer less than 12 classes in a month, we will issue a swim school credit to your account. We do not offer any credits or refunds for classes that take place, but you choose not to attend.
CLASS LOCATION SUBJECT TO CHANGE
The Santa Clara Swim Club runs programming out of multiple facilities. Our program shares pools with other programs at the Santa Clara Swim Club as well as the City of Santa Clara Parks and Rec Department. There are swim meets, various events and city programming held throughout the year that require our program to move locations. Santa Clara programs may take place at any of the following locations (Milpitas programs will not move locations):
International Swim Center
2625 Patricia Drive
Santa Clara, 95051
Wilson Adult Education Center
1840 Benton Street
Santa Clara, 95050
Mary Gomez Park
651 Bucher Avenue
Santa Clara, 95051
We do our best to plan all location changes in advance. Please check our calendar for all planned changes. You may CLICK HERE to go to the swim school homepage and then click on the box that says Calendar for our most up to date version. Be sure to confirm that you are checking the calendar according to your class title, as location changes may differ depending on which class you are enrolled in. By enrolling in our program, you understand that our location is subject to change to any of the above pools. We will not offer any credits, makeups or refunds in the event of a location change. Please make sure to note the location of your class or camp at the time of enrollment.
SWIM SCHOOL COMMUNICATION
Due to our high enrollment, we communicate with our families via email. In the event of a location change, planned closure, unexpected class cancellation or closure, or if there is a need to update our families on any changes in the swim school, we always send an email out to the email address with which you created your account. If you choose not to receive our emails at the time you create your account or click unsubscribe at the bottom of any of our emails, you will no longer receive any communications from the swim school. We highly suggest that you do not unsubscribe to ensure that you receive any updates or pertinent information regarding your swim classes.
SWIM SCHOOL CREDITS
All credits issued by the Santa Clara Swim School will automatically apply to your next month's tuition if you are actively enrolled in a swim class. If you are not enrolled in a swim class and you have a credit balance in your swim school account, you have 1 year from the issued date to use your remaining credits for any classes, camps or merchandise within the Santa Clara Swim School. After 1 year from the issue date, all credits will expire and will no longer be available for use. Credits are non-transferrable and cannot be redeemed for cash value.
CLASS / INSTRUCTOR ASSIGNMENT
All swimmers are taught according to their assigned level. Class level instruction is guaranteed, but specific instructors or coaches are not. Instructors are subject to change without notice and are assigned to classes as needed by the management. Our classes are co-ed and we cannot guarantee that an instructor will be a certain gender.
PHOTOS ON THE WEB
Updated pictures of swim meets and other activities is part of keeping our website and social media live and active. Because pictures from swim meets and other programs can involve many, many children, it is impossible for us to guarantee in advance that any given swimmer’s picture will never be posted on the web. However, Santa Clara Swim Club will happily remove a posted picture at the request of a parent whose child is in the picture. By enrolling in this program, you understand that there is a possibility that your swimmer may appear in a photo that is posted to our website or social media. To request a photo removal, please contact our office at 408-246-5050 ext 16 or email the swim school manager
SWIMMER AND PARENT CODE OF CONDUCT
We have a code of conduct for swimmers and parents in order to set a consistent expectation for the behavior of all swimmers and families enrolled in our program. By enrolling in a class or camp with us, you agree to abide by the following:
- Swimmers will demonstrate good sportsmanship at all classes, practices, and meets.
- Swimmers and parents will show respect and courtesy to classmates, coaches, parents, staff and supervisors.
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, or otherwise inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated, including foul or abusive language or gestures, violence, and bullying.
- Swimmers and parents will show respect for all facilities and other property (including locker rooms) used during classes, camps, and other activities.
- Parents/guardians will refrain from coaching their children from the pool deck or stands.
- Parents/guardians will be present and available for the duration of their child’s swim program. Learn to Swim staff are not allowed to take anyone into locker rooms and/or restrooms for any reason. Our staff is not able to supervise any children who are left unattended outside of their scheduled class time.
Failure to abide by the parent and/or swimmer code of conduct may result in the immediate termination of your enrollment and any unused tuition will not be credited or refunded.