Lakeland Hills YMCA Name Tags for Officials
- You will need to set up an account. Please note that the address has to be Lakeland Hills YMCA, 100 Fanny Road, Mountain Lakes, NJ 07046
- You put the shipping address as your home. Once you receive the order you will get a phone call from them to take your payment over the phone. I just completed it all and it was very easy.
- Click on Corporate Listing (top menu)
- Scroll down until you see the Y logo and then click on it
- Click on multi color name badges
- Click on F13
- You will see some options. It's up to you if you want the magnetic back just add it. Same for the colors (I used red/orange)
- Add to cart.
- Once you have it in the cart then you will need to edit so that you can add your name and Lakeland Hills YMCA
- Once that is complete then you can check out. MAKE SURE THE SHIPPING ADDRESS IS YOUR HOME ADDRESS.
- When you have completed your order they will call you for payment and confirm that your order is correct.
2016 Blue Green White Intrasquad Meet Team Officials
If you have navigated to this page you are either a certified official looking for recertification courses or you are trying to find out whether you would like to become an official yourself.
Want to become an official? We are always looking to recruit new officials. Why would you want to become an official? Here are the Top 10 answers:
10. There is no pay but…
9. No entry fee either.
8. Free meet program, free food and oh yes...
7. Sometimes a free pen is thrown in.
6. Additional bonus, just in case we forgot, no pay but…
5. We cannot run meets without officials.
4. You will be working with the greatest group of volunteers.
3. You can keep in contact with your swimmer.
2. New friends, old friends, it’s a great way to socialize. Did we mention no pay?
And the number one reason to become an official....
1. It’s the best “seat” in the house!
How do I become an official?
Level 1 Certification
You will need to attend a YMCA official’s certification clinic. The course is designed to certify Swim Officials in the areas of Stroke and Turn Judge, Relay Take-off judge, Place Judge and Timer. You will then need to take the test (online test with open rulebook) and get on deck as much as possible for experience. Recertify every three years (one year with minimum 8 sessions if you wish to progress to Level 2 certification). Minimum age is 21 and you must be associated with a YMCA sponsored Swim Team. Proof of sessions worked is required for recertification.
Level 2 Certification
You will need to attend a YMCA official Level 2 certification clinic. The course is designed to certify Swim Officials in the areas of Chief Judge, Starter and Referee. To become Level 2 certified you MUST have completed at least one year as a Level 1 certified official and officiated a minimum of 8 sessions as a certified YMCA Swim Official. You will need to take the test (online test with open rulebook). Recertify every three years. Minimum number of sessions required for recertification is 12. Proof of sessions worked is required.
LHY YMCA officials are expected to work a minimum of three dual meets a year and be available to work YMCA Invitational meets in which their swimmer is participating, including YMCA Championship Meets.
LHY swimmers attend both YMCA meets and USA Swimming meets. Officials at YMCA meets are required to be certified YMCA officials and officials at USA Swimming are required to be USA Swimming certified. Although YMCA swimming adopted the USA Swimming technical rules on September 1, 2006 USA Swimming certified officials will not automatically become YMCA officials nor vice versa. (See below for clarification)
USA Swimming Official
Prospective Stroke & Turn Judges (Level 5)
- Attend a Stroke &Turn training clinic. This can be a USA-S or YMCA course; however, only YMCA courses (Level 1 or 2) listed on the NJ Swim web site can be substituted for a USA-S course.
- You will need to take the test (online with open rulebook) for that position. This can be either the YMCA or USA-S test so that duplication will not be required. In addition if the Y test is taken in conjunction with a Y course, this course must be listed on the NJ Swim web site.
- Be a member of USA Swimming
- Be at least 18 years old
Upon completion of the above, a New Jersey Swimming apprentice official’s card will be issued.
The apprentice will be required to participate in a total of four (4) sessions in at least two (2) different meets at NJ Swimming sanctioned meets. Participation at championship meets will not count towards your apprenticeship qualification. Championship meets are defined as JO’s, Junior States, Senior Champs, and Holiday Classic. This participation will involve working with a certified stroke & turn judge or higher. The apprentice may not make calls or disqualifications but will accompany the experienced official during the meet as a training session. The referee should sign the back of the apprentice card for each complete session at which the apprentice worked.
Upon completion of the four apprentice sessions, send a photocopy of both side of the apprentice official’s card to the New Jersey Swimming Certification Coordinator. An updated New Jersey Swimming official’s certification card will be issued and sent along with a "New Jersey Swimming Official" patch.
Recertify every 3 years.
Need further information? Contact Val Gibson: firstname.lastname@example.org
2015 Blue Green White Intrasquad Meet Officials Team